Top 5 Raptor Performace Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on what you're going for

Will your raptor be a street queen you bought to make you feel better about your babydick or receding hair line, then a supercharger and relevant supporting mods

If you are going to use it off road, Raptizzle's suggestion is solid

Are you obsessed with bd? :think:

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:wtg: Dude...............Who cares what the truck is used for. Someones ****** length or amount of hair on their head has nothing to do with how they enjoy their truck. If they park it in the garage and only drive it to Church on Sundays.............it's their thing and you need to learn to deal with it. Frankly, putting a supercharger on a truck designed for off road enjoyment is like getting a boob job for a 95 year old woman.:badidea:

Cool, document your opinion on blowers. I could not find anything that I consider negative when I did my research. Even here, other than people saying their opinion, they had no verifiable data.

Rakimb17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 Perch
2. Headers (Remove Cats)
3. Tuner
Probably get a combo deal on two and three.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, document your opinion on blowers. I could not find anything that I consider negative when I did my research. Even here, other than people saying their opinion, they had no verifiable data.

Blowers are fine (had my share with the vette), althought I like screw type blowers I'm not particularly thrilled with centri type blowers. My point is this is a off road truck............not a drag car so why on earth would you want to even fool with a blower/turbo etc. Just get an F 150 with 6.2 and mod it to hell and back. Your going to have to make huge changes to suspension etc. to race it any way. Now if your just looking for more power and you plan to keep it just on the street a simple centri blower is inexpensive but frankly if your going to keep the same compression ratio as stock your very limited on your boost levle. A head and cam change would most likely get you about the same amount of power. It's really just about what your looking for. Now I don't know if Kenne Bell makes a blower for the 6.2 and you would have to modi9fy your hood but that is one great blower. Most folks go with a centri super charger like Vortec or Procomp. They are simple to install and simple to maintain but do not get you the instant power of screw blowers. However much much cheeper.

Last edited:

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny watching everyone got nuts over JBs post. Bhahahahahahaha.

He's actually a cool dude in real life. His family owns a bunch of ****** Marts and we go in there and get cherry Squishys all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

my blower sits in the passenger seat

What's his name???

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a screw type blower. Magnusson and Bell did not have plans to manufacture a blower for the Raptor. I ended up going with the Roush because of the family negotiations... I want you to have a warranty, so you have to get the Roush. So far, I am very happy with it, except if I get a heavy foot, I have a traction problem.
For the type of offroading I do, my suspension works perfectly. Though I have been known to jump a truck, I have a mind block about jumping this one. So, I use it for rock crawling, and other assorted activities that will blow the minds of some, yet are a blast.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a screw type blower. Magnusson and Bell did not have plans to manufacture a blower for the Raptor. I ended up going with the Roush because of the family negotiations... I want you to have a warranty, so you have to get the Roush. So far, I am very happy with it, except if I get a heavy foot, I have a traction problem. For the type of offroading I do, my suspension works perfectly. Though I have been known to jump a truck, I have a mind block about jumping this one. So, I use it for rock crawling, and other assorted activities that will blow the minds of some, yet are a blast.

I do jeep stuff in mine too. It's a lot if fun on some Joshua tree trails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc