Top 5 Raptor Performace Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys serious? I thought this was resolved. Even at the ford testing, the 6.2L limited's were running slower times, and they're lighter, and smaller tires.

What are you referring to by driver error? Are you guys manually shifting?

I've drag raced for quite a few years.

And it's not off the line, even with speed match, the EB pulls away.

Raptor's aren't for drag racing.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol I thought of that when I put down the mudflaps but it helps keep your window clean so you can keep going. I suppose tint keeps you comfortable but linX not sure about that one.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor's aren't for drag racing.

Yep, true. Was just wondering if I'm missing something that everyone else has been doing. And its just for street talk.

And if you calculate the lbs/hp, the raptor, atleast the supercab, has a better ratio. Just have to factor the 35's vs 4.10's.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
power ban is about 3k rpm to go fast I normally block out all gears and add like I'm shifting seems to work the best.

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These trucks don't have racing transmissions. But, if you must drag race some brodozer at the light, just leave it in drive. You'll go faster. Plus, it leaves a hand free for the smile and wave as you pass him.

Last edited:

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you're going for

Will your raptor be a street queen you bought to make you feel better about your babydick or receding hair line, then a supercharger and relevant supporting mods

If you are going to use it off road, Raptizzle's suggestion is solid

That is something that is patently stupid to say.

Mod your truck to your liking.

I don't like to burn up, so I have front tint on the windows. 20% thank you very much.
I like power, so I have a supercharger, incidentally, I found no one that could come up with a information based reason to not have a supercharger, and I looked.
I like to offroad, so I have done the midperch, and put on Toyo AT II's, because I like they perform better.
I like to see, so I put on plenty of lights so that I can see anywhere I want to go.
I like to keep stuff out of my cab yet secure, so I put in a tool box that allows me proper storage, and is lockable in the bed. I don't see a need for a race rack, so I don't have one.

It is all about your needs

Last edited:

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on what you're going for

Will your raptor be a street queen you bought to make you feel better about your babydick or receding hair line, then a supercharger and relevant supporting mods

If you are going to use it off road, Raptizzle's suggestion is solid

:wtg: Dude...............Who cares what the truck is used for. Someones ****** length or amount of hair on their head has nothing to do with how they enjoy their truck. If they park it in the garage and only drive it to Church on Sundays.............it's their thing and you need to learn to deal with it. Frankly, putting a supercharger on a truck designed for off road enjoyment is like getting a boob job for a 95 year old woman.:badidea: