this was my local dealers final offer....what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So whats the deal with the color being the reason you were shot at?

If you love your truck you should keep it. Although Raptors do kick ass!:wizsmile:

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stereo typing is what it is... You have 10,000 bald Hispanic males, 9999 are in gangs and criminals, would prefer to spit on you than help you. Beat there wives and children on a daily basis. You get a picture for who they are and then run in to one that will help you no matter what no questions asked.... Thanks for being a nurse... Hard not to stereo type the cover of the book, but sometimes you just need to get to know someone. And yes I am Hispanic and my grandparents came from Mexico. My other grandparents came from Europe. So I know the stereo type problem, but also know the other 9999 guys also...

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So whats the deal with the color being the reason you were shot at?

If you love your truck you should keep it. Although Raptors do kick ass!:wizsmile:

The color of my truck isn't the reason I was shot at. I'm assuming I was shot at because I'm a shaved head Mexican. But the fact that they say me driving a GIANT WHITE SILVERADO means that specific car is marked. Gang members # 1&2 tell members 3&4&5 "yeah I saw him driving a big white truck". Then word spreads. And it just becomes unsafe.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
umm .. yeah .. you need to move.

The color of my truck isn't the reason I was shot at. I'm assuming I was shot at because I'm a shaved head Mexican. But the fact that they say me driving a GIANT WHITE SILVERADO means that specific car is marked. Gang members # 1&2 tell members 3&4&5 "yeah I saw him driving a big white truck". Then word spreads. And it just becomes unsafe.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1, I don't see anybody bashing anybody for financing this truck on frf, so calm down

#2, why do you assume this is gang related, could there be absolutely no other reason? It couldn't have just been a crazy guy?

#4, why do you assume you were stereotyped? Do you have a chip on your shoulder about it? Again could it not have been a random act or some other reason instead of someone thinking you are a part of a rival gang?

Oh and keep looking, it'll be worth it whenever you find one. Especially since you mention liking offroad.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
So same could happen in a Raptor then.

I think you need a hat...

evil-sock-monkey-animal-hatXL.jpg

crazy-puppy-animal-hatXL.jpg

Would definitely kill the gang member look you're rocking.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So same could happen in a Raptor then.

I think you need a hat...

evil-sock-monkey-animal-hatXL.jpg

crazy-puppy-animal-hatXL.jpg

Would definitely kill the gang member look you're rocking.

I actually make it a point to always wear a hat.

Why do I think I get stereotyped? No...I'm not paranoid. But if you're at an airport and you see a group of Nuns walk on a plane, and then you see a group of Middle Eastern men board the plane, most people wouldn't give a second thought about the Nuns but alot of people would freak out if say next to the Middle Eastern people. No I'm not racist. I have a great relationship with all my doctors and nurses who come from all corners of the world. But it's a sad sad world because most people DO judge a book by its cover.

My dealer called me today and said they haven't been able to get a black one. They just have white. I'm sticking with them because that's where my future mother in law works and when she found I I wanted a Raptor, she had the crew bend over backwards to help me out.

Tecman1007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Order from some other state and have it shipped to your local dealership. I ordered one from a Missouri dealership and had the completed product shipped to the dealership here in Anchorage. Ford only charges 500 to ship it....not too bad considering what you will save over local mark-ups.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you but you're not going to find a Raptor on a lot in SoCal for sticker. The reason Ken Grody charges so much is because guys will pay $5000-$10000 over sticker. Your best bet is to place an order...but you better hurry if you want a 2013!

Last edited: