Thinking of trombone loop exhaust on gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I already posted a video of a “700HP” Gen 1 getting destroyed by a tune only Gen 2. You have no evidence to prove your claims that you’re outrunning anybody.
You keep going back to that poor representation of a Gen 1 with Roush stickers and a 700HP sticker.
Obviously, they did something to make that truck run poorly, there is no way it's 700HP!!!
Plus, you do not power brake a Supercharged to spool up like turbos.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are no widespread oil pump failures on the 6.2. They fail because of the load from the supercharger that they were never designed for in the first place.

I already posted a video of a “700HP” Gen 1 getting destroyed by a tune only Gen 2. You have no evidence to prove your claims that you’re outrunning anybody.

You didn’t respond to anyone, you just came in this thread to troll and brag about how fast you think you Jenny Juan is. How quickly you forget.
How quickly you forget
Absolutely irrelevant. The 3.5 EcoBoost shares nothing with a Nissan. Completely different engine architecture, design, bore, stroke, and firing order.

The Gen 3 exhaust sounds nothing like the video you posted. Not sure why you even care, considering you claim to be a Gen 1 fanboy.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I resemble that remark i'm doing good at 10+ mpg.
Let's be real here, the (+) at the end of the 10 is a typo or hopeful thinking at best. If I drive the way the truck deserves that MF is showin me 8's or 9's (numbers only good for quarter mile times).
There are no widespread oil pump failures on the 6.2. They fail because of the load from the supercharger that they were never designed for in the first place.

You didn’t respond to anyone, you just came in this thread to troll and brag about how fast you think you Jenny Juan is. How quickly you forget.
Gen Juan loses the power to weight ratio in most circumstances so we don't tend to out run Gen 2's very often especially since turbos tend to not care as much about elevation but adding forced induction to our boat anchor does let us keep up and get the mass moving better. A tuned Gen 2 making 520whp (goosetuned stage 2 according to their website) is about 188.24 whp/ton while Gen 1 SC making 550whp (my SCAB dyno'd up in Washington) is about 183.15 whp/ton and a helluva lot more expensive to get there *sad heavy truck noises* (Ram TRX is about 182.3 whp/ton so at least we have that going for us)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You keep going back to that poor representation of a Gen 1 with Roush stickers and a 700HP sticker.
Obesely they did something to make that truck run poorly, there is no way it's 700HP!!!
Plus, you do not power brake a Supercharged to spool up like turbos.
So now you’re claiming it wasn’t actually a Roush or “wasn’t running right” because you didn’t like the outcome? They had no reason to lie, and it clearly wasn’t misfiring nor did it have a check engine light.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 6.2 isn’t a particularly impressive motor, and will not be remembered as one of Ford’s greatest. The coyote outshines it in every way.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 isn’t a particularly impressive motor, and will not be remembered as one of Ford’s greatest. The coyote outshines it in every way.
I actually think it will be remembered specifically because of the fact that it was the motor for the Gen 1 not to mention that it is the pinnacle of what the Ford Modular line up would end up being. I still think since it is a fleet motor that handles forced induction well (overall with few specific weak points) that it could end up being more popular down the road as more fleet trucks end up in junk yards and all of the LS's are their equivalent price in gold by weight.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree.
I was going to sell it a month after getting it.
I believe one of my first post was looking for ways to increase power on this forum back in Nov. 2010
Procharger with Hennessy (Glad I didn't go that route) and cams but no heads to fit them was all that was available at that time.
411 HP wasn't doing it for me but then I heard Supercharging was in development when Ford commissioned Whipple to design a kit for testing and then shortly after Roush started they own kit.
The stock 6.2L does what it needs to do, a steady torque curve though out the entire rpm range.

Status
Not open for further replies.