Thinking of trombone loop exhaust on gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So now you’re claiming it wasn’t actually a Roush or “wasn’t running right” because you didn’t like the outcome? They had no reason to lie, and it clearly wasn’t misfiring nor did it have a check engine light.
Roush never had a 700HP sticker on their Raptors, so who knows what's with that truck.
I'm sure the Roush guys would say something isn't right with that particular truck.

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Let's be real here, the (+) at the end of the 10 is a typo or hopeful thinking at best. If I drive the way the truck deserves that MF is showin me 8's or 9's (numbers only good for quarter mile times).
My foot is getting lighter as I get older. This time last year i shredded the teeth off my ring gear . It does sound good with SW headers lightning exit just cruising and part throttle. My truck still gets thumbs up even at 11 years old .

Attachments

• IMG_20200124_135203.jpg
    IMG_20200124_135203.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I believe one of my first post was looking for ways to increase power on this forum back in Nov. 2010
Procharger with Hennessy (Glad I didn't go that route) and cams but no heads to fit them was all that was available at that time.

Before, or after posting about fuel economy? :)

There’s no bad reason for more horsepower. None. Even for an old, decrepit boat anchor (not my words, just quoting).
My truck still gets thumbs up even at 11 years old .

Because #BlackRaptorsMatter. Just sayin'

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never had vehicle that got more then 8 mpg until my Gen1 Raptor but mpg is not something I'm concerned about.
Fun factor, that's key!!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
that’s an impressive streak. Funny thing is, big blocks be damned and I’ve had at least half a dozen, the worst economy I’ve ever seen?

my 2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 side by side, which is currently rocking about 3mpg. No, I’m not exaggerating. Admittedly, I only use on the ranch but damn. Even my 455 ci Olds 98 got 12 mpg and it didn’t even have overdrive. The Rmax at least has a 9.5 gallon tank - and a dump bed, which gives it the pretense of utility around here ( and goes 70mph in the dirt. Allegedly. I run out of room by the time I hit 41 but I’m working on opening up a bigger stretch to get a better number. I got Lucille up to 55, but I almost plowed over my neighbors elegant hill country fence.

That would’ve been embarrassing.

Reactions: MTF

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually think it will be remembered specifically because of the fact that it was the motor for the Gen 1 not to mention that it is the pinnacle of what the Ford Modular line up would end up being. I still think since it is a fleet motor that handles forced induction well (overall with few specific weak points) that it could end up being more popular down the road as more fleet trucks end up in junk yards and all of the LS's are their equivalent price in gold by weight.
The 6.2 "Boss" is not actually a Modular. It shares the same bellhousing bolt pattern, but the rest is unique, right down to the valvetrain design. The 6.2 exceeds the maximum bore spacing of the 4.6/5.4/6.8 modular; they don't share production tooling. It's a significantly larger, heavier, and wider engine. It's also the only production example of that architecture. Which would partially explain the lack of aftermarket support and interest.

In terms of the Modular, the pinnacle of that architecture would unarguably be the 4.6 Terminator, Aluminum 5.4 4V GT and GT500, and of course the 5.8 "Trinity" GT500 engines. The 6.2 was designed to replace the 5.4 3V as a base model Super Duty and fleet engine, it's about as much of a performance engine as a Ford 300 6.

I can't see any reason that the 6.2 would ever be a competitive swap to an LS, especially not with it's poor aftermarket support, massive weight and width, and low N/A power potential.

Last edited:

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To all, can we drop the engine banter as it is utterly irrelivant in this forum. Take that back over to the Gen one forums where someone may actually care. No merit in this thread whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.