Thinking of changing from Procharger to Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am committed here until August however, I am free after that to come help you out if you still need. I worked as a experimental master mechanic for 18 years at Ford was promoted to Escape/Tribute powertrain calibration as a engineering technologist for 6 years then moved to fastener testing for 6 years and retired in 2008. So, I am quite capable of doing this for you if Tank cannot but I cannot until September...

Did you used to work at NMPDC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Experimental Master Mechanic to Fastener Tester?

One of these does not sound like the other. But, whoever designed the fasteners on the Raptor fender flares should be hung. Unless it was you, then they kick ass. :D

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you used to work at NMPDC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, worked at EVB,(Experimental Vehicles Building) Cert Lab and TEE(Truck Engine Engineering) building. TEE is right next to APTL and across the freeway from NMPDC. 95% of workers at NMPDC are hourly I was salaried.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, worked at EVB,(Experimental Vehicles Building) Cert Lab and TEE(Truck Engine Engineering) building. TEE is right next to APTL and across the freeway from NMPDC. 95% of workers at NMPDC are hourly I was salaried.
Oh yeah? Well I worked at the ONI in DC and then transferred to the CTF76 and CPG1 in OKI. While I was there, I was on the LSD-49 and an SH-3 from HSC-26. Following, I went to the NIOC-P and then the USSOCOM JCIE. Now, I work for the CID N722 MCS.

Beat that! :ROFLJest:

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a few questions:

1. Why is the Roush supercharger supposed better than the Procharger?
  2. Has anyone upgrded to forged pistons?
  3. If so, what vendors do this and what is the approximate cost?
  4. Do you need to lower the compression ratio when supercharging?
  5. If not, what is the maximum "safe" boost?

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah? Well I worked at the ONI in DC and then transferred to the CTF76 and CPG1 in OKI. While I was there, I was on the LSD-49 and an SH-3 from HSC-26. Following, I went to the NIOC-P and then the USSOCOM JCIE. Now, I work for the CID N722 MCS.

Beat that! :ROFLJest:

Other words, you are in the Army and you are working for NSA.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a few questions:

[*]Why is the Roush supercharger supposed better than the ProCharger?

It sounds like the out of the box tune is better. Procharger makes a good product.

[*]Has anyone upgrded to forged pistons?

Several folks

[*]If so, what vendors do this and what is the approximate cost?

Livernois, Hennessey

25k+ for built engine and blower

[*]Do you need to lower the compression ratio when supercharging?

9.8:1 isn't too high but 8.5:1 would be better

[*]If not, what is the maximum "safe" boost?

Are you asking what is the power limit on stock pistons? Looks like somewhere between 650-700bhp.

saleen970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions:

1. Why is the Roush supercharger supposed better than the Procharger?

I have a ProCharger on my Mustang and drove another with a Roush Charger..Roush Charger makes boost right now and my ProCharger dosent until 3500rpm. Thats with a manual trans, automatics might not be so noticable Because they will drop down gears and make the rpm to make the ProCharger work. ProChargers will make HP just might have some lag.

Last edited: