The wait is killing me....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are exactly right and was really what Ford wanted to do. However, when the botched introduction came out a few weeks ago, the "not street legal" comment really caused a huge stir. People really wanted a street legal, V8 truck. Ford walked that comment back, so now we will all see what that product truly becomes. I am not holding my breath.

I didn't notice that since I have no interest in the R. But it could throw a real monkey wrench into the works. Not being street legal might allow Ford to save a lot of money and time as far as all the federal testing and documentation goes. It might also let them do things like really nice aftermarket bumpers that are too high and too rigid to be legal, along with other interesting stuff. If that's true, and they decide it needs to be street legal, it seems more likely to get cancelled. If it isn't cancelled, it would be more likely to be just an FCA-style dump a blown V8 into an otherwise standard vehicle and walk a way kind of deal. Which would thrill the pavement princess crowd, so maybe that's the right answer. It will be interesting to watch. I'm glad I don't have a dog in this fight, there's way too much room for disappointment.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm excited for the Gen 3, but at the same time in no rush to get it.

I still think the Gen 2 looks the most aggressive out of the 3, and we still don't know the power levels of the Gen 3.

May just go to a Gen 2 once the 3 hits.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just out of curiosity, why did you buy a Raptor? It’s not the fastest highest hp truck Ford sells

This can't be a serious question. It's common knowledge that vehicles that look offroad capable are rather popular right now. People want the big tires, tall height, agressive look, etc. It's why the jeep is so popular and they can't make the Bronco fast enough. Some of these folks have intentions of offroading occasionally, but have no idea how to start or just lose interest. Others know they won't, and just want to keep up with the Joneses or just like knowing they could if they wanted.

And while I get that 'posers' reduce the image of the Raptor, or whatever vehicle you favor, the idea that onroad only drivers hurt what capabilities that Ford puts into the Raptor...is a mixed bag at best. Sure, Ford will put in features that make it a better onroad vehicle that offroad folks have no interest in. However, Ford is not going to invest much in Raptor development if it doesn't have the additional sales from all those who just want to use it on the pavement, and you likely aren't going to get your offroad advances at all.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just out of curiosity, why did you buy a Raptor? It’s not the fastest highest hp truck Ford sells

I like the all around practicality of it, in addition to its looks. For me, it’s the best/most practical daily driver on the market. Just wish it had more power.

Goosed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seeing info that the anticipated base price will be about $64k before options and packages. While this could be speculation, I hope Ford understands that they didn’t do enough for anyone to upgrade from a Gen 2 to this and I don’t see the additional $6-$7k for the base model.