The long term impact of ADM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Everything

This is how I feel. Real money has already reacted. ADMS on G63s, GT3s and Ferraris have been vastly destroyed over the last 90 days. Plus we have the two horseman of the financial apocalypse making their return (V series Escalade, Hummer).

I looked at the Escalade V online the other day. 150k doesn't make the Raptor R look so bad.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I remember listening to a John McWhorter podcast where he literally talked about not being able to take literally literally any more. Language evolves and words change meaning. A really good book is his "Nine Nasty Words". Damñ, hëll, šhit, ašs, fùck, cünt, the n word, etc. How they started, how they evolved. Literally is being used more and more for emphasis, rather than literally.

The meaning of all words are up for debate. Recession, inflation, insurrection are some good ones off the top of my head.

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about Raptor Forums users talking about ADM is how new they must be to the brand in general. ADM has been a thing on Raptors the moment the Gen2 came out(in some rare instances the Gen1 but I got my gen1 for invoice so YMMV). In some locations Raptors were selling at $20k over even while others were buying for under MSRP.

I'll be honest.. the Gen3 ADM has been subjectively modest. I didn't think you'd find one for only $10k over.. but.. then I also didn't think the 37PP was going to be so hyper limited in comparison to the 35.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember listening to a John McWhorter podcast where he literally talked about not being able to take literally literally any more. Language evolves and words change meaning.

"not a joke" is the new "literally"

A really good book is his "Nine Nasty Words". Damñ, hëll, šhit, ašs, fùck, cünt, the n word, etc. How they started, how they evolved. Literally is being used more and more for emphasis, rather than literally.

I recall a comedy sketch where a guy went over the numerous meanings of the word f*ck and how it can used in a sentence. Many of those sentences were one word.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whatever, so what if money isn't the issue but you just don't want to pay these inflated BS prices?

Then your rich friends will just laugh at you for spending hours trying to save 'chump change". Picture, Jeff Bezos going to Pizza Hutt instead of Dominos because he's got a coupon that's about to expire.

Ford and most dealers will go direct to consumer, the dealers know this and the car makers know this. The sooner they make it happen the better off we are.

I doubt it will be truly direct. Ford will have a reservation system that isn't restrained by dealers or any allocations. Dealer will get a cut by facilitating the transaction and working transaction, as well as still be a service facility.

What may be interesting to see is how consumers will react. Will they just keep their vehicles longer, buy used vehicles? Might not be a positive for Ford.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The most annoying thing about Raptor Forums users talking about ADM is how new they must be to the brand in general. ADM has been a thing on Raptors the moment the Gen2 came out(in some rare instances the Gen1 but I got my gen1 for invoice so YMMV). In some locations Raptors were selling at $20k over even while others were buying for under MSRP.

I'll be honest.. the Gen3 ADM has been subjectively modest. I didn't think you'd find one for only $10k over.. but.. then I also didn't think the 37PP was going to be so hyper limited in comparison to the 35.

Before I got my Gen 2 in 2019, I never really considered new gen models, or really anything that I couldn't get below MSRP. I honestly didn't spend too much time pricing new Raps then, as I settled on a used model, but I suspect I would have gotten a little below MSRP, but not much.

So my experience with ADM over time is limited to non-existent. I would have guessed that most deals would be at MSRP now, supply issues mostly resolved, and I could consider maybe getting a Gen 3 a year from now or so. That's likely not the case, but even if it is, MSRP will be further up by then. A part of me thinks that I can maybe get it early on a Gen 4, but the most likely outcome is that my next vehicle will be used, or a lower trim. I just don't think I can justify the top trim new models anymore.