Talk me off the ledge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
belacyrf

belacyrf

Reaction score
Coming back to this... I bailed on the Raptor. How some of you can deal with these delays is astonishing, You truly have the fortitude of a concrete wall :)

I mean 5 months, still in "order confirmed". While a Platinum order I placed around the same time as the Raptor order, I got an email saying it's "Delayed". I mean how bad do things have to be to get an email saying "Delayed" when another order, just as old, doesn't say delayed. Crazy crazy times..

Lastly.. have you all noticed, the ADMs have gone crazy? I mean now 20K is the average, but never surprising to see 25 or 30K. Even on base models. I can't believe it. I opted for a Ram Rebel (getting it at invoice) , scheduled to go to production this or next week <whew>. But someday I'll come back to the raptor IF things ever normalize.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming back to this... I bailed on the Raptor. How some of you can deal with these delays is astonishing, You truly have the fortitude of a concrete wall :)

I mean 5 months, still in "order confirmed". While a Platinum order I placed around the same time as the Raptor order, I got an email saying it's "Delayed". I mean how bad do things have to be to get an email saying "Delayed" when another order, just as old, doesn't say delayed. Crazy crazy times..

Lastly.. have you all noticed, the ADMs have gone crazy? I mean now 20K is the average, but never surprising to see 25 or 30K. Even on base models. I can't believe it. I opted for a Ram Rebel (getting it at invoice) , scheduled to go to production this or next week <whew>. But someday I'll come back to the raptor IF things ever normalize.

While I won't pretend like I am "being patient", I still have my Gen 1 that I love and drive almost every day. I am fortunate that I have other vehicles so I don't have a need for the new truck... just desire.

That being said, I just can't see buying used in the current market (at least where I am). My buddy traded his 1 year old Ranger on a manikin Bronco and got $7k over what he paid for it new from the dealer. WTF? Another buddy getting ready to go overseas sold both of his vehicles to one of the web dealerships. Both 5k over KBB. Crazy times indeed.

OP
OP
belacyrf

belacyrf

Reaction score
While I won't pretend like I am "being patient", I still have my Gen 1 that I love and drive almost every day. I am fortunate that I have other vehicles so I don't have a need for the new truck... just desire.

That being said, I just can't see buying used in the current market (at least where I am). My buddy traded his 1 year old Ranger on a manikin Bronco and got $7k over what he paid for it new from the dealer. WTF? Another buddy getting ready to go overseas sold both of his vehicles to one of the web dealerships. Both 5k over KBB. Crazy times indeed.
See that was my trouble.. I got rid of my Wrangler Rubicon a while back. Currently driving a 90 Miata (my fun car) as a daily and I had no alternative. So I was really impatient.

But as luck would have it.. I found a Code Orange Raptor in stock and the dealer came down on the ADM to something almost reasonable (just a tick over what I was paying for my custom ordered Raptor). So I pulled the trigger. Good of the dealer to move on the ADM b/c I have no doubt they could have gotten what they were asking.. it wasn't like it was 20-30K over. Guess I'm back in the game :D

DRL1865

Reaction score
So I have a 22 37's on order. The Raptor is basically my dream truck and I am beyond excited to own one. My current order was Nov 8th, with a 3/7 build date now pushed to 3/21 (I'm not complaining about the push, we are all dealing with it). The reality is that it's probably going to be pushed a few more times and then likely even more delays after it's "built".

The dilemma is this.. i'm waiting for a truck that is nearly 6 figures (yes I have ADM that puts me in the 90s). Even at MSRP 84K is substantial. Also this market is inflated.. we all know it. What's going to happen when supplies normalize, inventory grows and this waiting is done. Will our values tank?

I'm considering just buying a used truck to get me through these times and then revisit the raptor in a few years when things are more normal. I'm sure you've all had similar thoughts. What kept you on the Raptor train?
if its your dream truck and you have the financial means, I would pull the trigger. Everyone expecting prices to just magically go down soon is pure speculation and unlikely to happen. ADM's are nothing new for the raptor and have been a common thing since the early gen 2's. Ford just did a price increase on the lightning and it wouldn't surprise me if they did another one on the raptor early next year. Not to mention the used truck you would be buying in the meantime is also going to have an inflated price that the vehicle isn't worth, so if you did wait on the raptor and went that route, you're gonna lose money anyways. 10K ADM isn't bad in todays market.

Last edited:

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'm fine waiting for what I really want, but everyone goes about things differently. I'm waiting for the raptor r and talking the fiance into it. It sucks that your dealer is doin adm though
I have a 2019 Gen 2 and initially began to also talk my fiancé into the idea of preordering an R (and I did). All was rainbows and unicorns and then quickly went to shit the Wednesday following release day when I got emailed paperwork with a $30k ADM. However I now find myself doing the exact same “explaining and convincing” re trading in for a Gen 3 as every single one within 100 miles is priced with ADM’s ranging from $97k-$107k. As if the markups didn’t drive me nuts as it is imagine having to explain why I would donate an extra $20k to a dealer when our wedding is in December lol it’s not even that she is against it but more so that I, the voice of financial reason in our relationship, sound ridiculous when I try. And of course every time I’ve come back from going to see a Gen 3 at a dealer All I do is rant about how ridiculous it is so that surely doesn’t help. But I will wait. Whether ADM’s come down soon or not as you all know, when you already have a Raptor, what rush are any of us really in

Big Papa Gecko

2012 Raptor SCREW Tuxedo Black (Sold)
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Gen 2 and initially began to also talk my fiancé into the idea of preordering an R (and I did). All was rainbows and unicorns and then quickly went to shit the Wednesday following release day when I got emailed paperwork with a $30k ADM. However I now find myself doing the exact same “explaining and convincing” re trading in for a Gen 3 as every single one within 100 miles is priced with ADM’s ranging from $97k-$107k. As if the markups didn’t drive me nuts as it is imagine having to explain why I would donate an extra $20k to a dealer when our wedding is in December lol it’s not even that she is against it but more so that I, the voice of financial reason in our relationship, sound ridiculous when I try. And of course every time I’ve come back from going to see a Gen 3 at a dealer All I do is rant about how ridiculous it is so that surely doesn’t help. But I will wait. Whether ADM’s come down soon or not as you all know, when you already have a Raptor, what rush are any of us really in
shoot me a message on here so its easier to find you, I got a little list going for new gen 3s when people back out and our dealer ordered ones, out of state my GSM does 2500 over, in mississippi/louisiana is msrp

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is this man still on the ledge?

You need a sandwich or a drink or something? You good bro?