The long term impact of ADM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I pay the adm because I want it and the money is not missed. Plus it's a business truck and I need more write offs than just the truck. But of course I would be happy if it wasn't there.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
10k profit, try the people who were on the front end of the Hummer 1 EV purchased them for MSRP and sold them for 100-150k more than they paid. Now that is what I call capitalism.

Plus what this guy above me said, if you aren't going to miss the 25-50k you are losing then all power to you. I like to keep stuff back for a rainy day if you will.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep and GM is going through the same thing, they are now canceling warranties for people who sell the Hummer within one year. Kind of scary.

Doesn't sound legal for deals already made, but you certainly can make the warranty non-transferrable. But again, if money isn't an issue, do you really care? I mean if you drop a pizza, are you annoyed that you're out $15 or that you now have to find something else to eat?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't sound legal for deals already made, but you certainly can make the warranty non-transferrable. But again, if money isn't an issue, do you really care? I mean if you drop a pizza, are you annoyed that you're out $15 or that you now have to find something else to eat?

Whatever, so what if money isn't the issue but you just don't want to pay these inflated BS prices? Ford and most dealers will go direct to consumer, the dealers know this and the car makers know this. The sooner they make it happen the better off we are.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The market for the Raptor is elastic but obviously on a smaller scale than the peasant F150. Even the peasant trucks are commanding markup from some stealerships right now, but this is not sustainable as a permanent practice.

Best I've found so far is 3% under invoice on an order in my ongoing 'used Raptor' vs 'new Tremor' debate. I've found very few on the lot deals, and they have universally been at small/mid-sized city dealerships and on very specific configurations. XLT on the Ford side, Big Horn on the Ram side.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
For 15 smackers, 3 second rule becomes 5 second rule.

Best I've found so far is 3% under invoice on an order in my ongoing 'used Raptor' vs 'new Tremor' debate. I've found very few on the lot deals, and they have universally been at small/mid-sized city dealerships and on very specific configurations. XLT on the Ford side, Big Horn on the Ram side.
It’s a sellers market right now. It will eventually correct but even in good times the Raptor market can be a little nuts. ADM was common in early 2017 too, but I think it fair to say not as prevalent and not as long lasting.

2017, MSRP was achievable outside of urban areas. Not easy, but achievable. ADM lasted DEEP into ’17 and maybe early 18, when the under MSRP deals became more common. ’19 - ’20 models, under MSRP was achievable and fairly common. Again, discounting large urban dealers and micro-****** enclaves.

Order delay hitting the ’21 trucks, carrying over well into 2023 and probably longer will keep the ADM around longer.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers are making more money selling fewer vehicles with market adjustments than more vehicles haggling price. Until the money runs dry there is no incentive to increase supply.

What I really don’t understand is all these EVs that are 80k+. Mach Es with 20k ADM, Lightenings with 50k adm. who is buying a MachE for 88k or a Lightening for 131k? That is bananas.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Literally?
I remember listening to a John McWhorter podcast where he literally talked about not being able to take literally literally any more. Language evolves and words change meaning. A really good book is his "Nine Nasty Words". Damñ, hëll, šhit, ašs, fùck, cünt, the n word, etc. How they started, how they evolved. Literally is being used more and more for emphasis, rather than literally.