ADM and destroyed dealer relationships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris51080

Reaction score
Yeah yeah, I know I'm not the only one. You don't want to hear me vent, then don't read my post.

I've been looking at purchasing a Raptor recently, and finally decided to put myself on the official list at a somewhat local dealer. I should be able to order sometime in 2023. That said, during my search, I have made dozens of calls inquiring about Raptors being advertised at MSRP. Not one turned out to be true, all of the dealers that I called advertising a truck at sticker had ADM of 5k-30k.

I've kept a list. I know which dealers are doing ADM, and I have personally decided to never work with one of those dealers again. Not for me, not for my family purchases, and not for any fleet purchases that I have say in.

I don't want ADM to be stopped by Ford, I couldn't care less if dealers are allowed to do it. I simply will not give those dealers charging ADM my business.

To make matters worse, a large percentage of these dealers are also charging ADM on base XL trucks too. I've seen those with 8k of ADM at times. Thats insanity. If you want to fleece customers who are purchasing a Raptor, thats one thing. But to screw over the guy trying to get a bare bones work truck...well thats an entirely different level of scum.

The only time ADM stops, is when we stop paying it. I bet you that in a year, these dealers will be begging for buyers under sticker.

I do hope that Ford figures this out before too long. They need to figure out that a direct customer order needs to be prioritized over any dealer allocations or any dealer stock orders. If I place an order for something, I should be put in line and receive my vehicle in roughly the order it was placed. Deprioritzing an order simply because I choose not to use a scummy large dealership is not how you do business. As Ford makes the shift to EVs, they will be dealing with customers who are much less likely to be brand loyal, and not willing to tolerate the garbage Ford pulls with orders like the Bronco or Raptor.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you're suffering under the delusion that any dealer, anywhere, ever gave a shit about you or what you think. The better ones can fake it sometimes.

Besides, price is the most efficient way to ration a scarce resource. You can lobby for a different system if you think that gets you in line ahead of the other poor schmucks, but that's not fair either if it's who you know. There is no system that's fair, so all we're left with is unfair and efficient or unfair and inefficient. I prefer the former. One of my friends who grew up in East Germany can give you an hour-long lecture on why it's a better system. If you're interested, I can connect you....

OP
OP
C

chris51080

Reaction score
Nah, I know they don't give a shit. I just know who will not be getting my business.
If they want to treat customers like that, Im just going elsewhere.

I also don't want to get in line ahead of other people. I thought I was quite clear when I stated that I wanted to be in line in the order I placed my order. Pretty straightforward.

As an F shareholder, I do care that Ford gets this figured out. I couldn't care less if I get my Raptor or not. I'll get it at sticker or less, or else I'll just get a different toy.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you want to have an impact it will take more than that. We should really start hosting an “abusive stealership” list and every time you get the ADM speech reply with: “ok, I will be happy to add you to the abusive stealership list on FRF, the largest Raptor internet presence so that you never sell another Raptor and it will be my privilege to expand the audience to all the F150 venues as well, so that hopefully your employer suffers a slow and agonizing bankruptcy. But good luck selling that depreciating asset at over MSRP at the cost of your customer base.

Have a day!”

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is about the only way to do it. Make it known they are ******** people. I wanted to get a new Gen 3 raptor but knew I couldn't get one for even a cent over msrp and couldn't' wait. ended up with an 18 with 32k on clock and went that route. Is it necessary for me to have one? no but I felt I had busted my ass to get a truck like this and I shouldn't get ***** in the process..

I'm in on the list and will help out

raptor556

Reaction score
Dealer "relationships" are a myth. The only relationship they want is with your wallet. Remember that.

They are not your friend. And no, that stripper didn't like you either.

And yes they are sticking an ADM on all sorts of cars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chris51080

Reaction score
Dealer "relationships" are a myth. The only relationship they want is with your wallet. Remember that.

They are not your friend. And no, that stripper didn't like you either.
Eh, thats debatable.
Yes the relationships are transactional, but having a good relationship (not necessarily friendship) is a real thing.
The good ones will absolutely help you out even if its not padding their bottom line.