ADM and destroyed dealer relationships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chris51080

Reaction score
I'm in on the list and will help out

I guess I'll have to figure something out. Perhaps a twitter handle is good. Report bad dealers, and only bad ones, there.

Send me any list that you have, Im going to start posting @badforddealers

Im thinking that I'll put the offending dealers twitter handle in my post, as well as Ford...might as well shed light on these guys.

Last edited:

Johndeere99

Reaction score
Dollar to a donut says FFR will not leave your list up. I don't think they allow you to talk bad about anything or express feelings that might trigger someone since they got woke.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The only time ADM stops, is when we stop paying it. I bet you that in a year, these dealers will be begging for buyers under sticker.

Not that I disagree with your sentiment, my instruments don't show ADM going away any time soon. We are not in "before times" anymore. The only thing I would bet against is what the TV says. I hope you are right.

OP
OP
C

chris51080

Reaction score
Not that I disagree with your sentiment, my instruments don't show ADM going away any time soon. We are not in "before times" anymore. The only thing I would bet against is what the TV says. I hope you are right.
I’m a bit bearish right now. It feels a lot like 2008.

I’m assuming that we have a market crash similar to 08-09, and that will get rid of ADM. we also need the chip shortage to resolve itself, but I’m betting that happens in 6-8 months.

This is one thing (the market) that I would love to be wrong on though.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I’m a bit bearish right now. It feels a lot like 2008.

I’m assuming that we have a market crash similar to 08-09, and that will get rid of ADM. we also need the chip shortage to resolve itself, but I’m betting that happens in 6-8 months.

This is one thing (the market) that I would love to be wrong on though.

In 2008 we had bad home loans, you wanted a loan you got it. It didn't take much to put us in downward spiral since a lot of people were on the edge of the cliff to begin with. They have tightened up the appraisals and loans significantly since.

Now, who the hell knows what is going to happen month to month. I am hopeful that foreclosures are not coming again, values are up, pay is generally up, mortgages will only change for insurance and taxes. But who knows. I certainly wouldn't count on ADM's going away though. There is nothing there to point to it.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh, thats debatable.
Yes the relationships are transactional, but having a good relationship (not necessarily friendship) is a real thing.
The good ones will absolutely help you out even if its not padding their bottom line.

Laugh out loud. Maybe in the time before where mean tweets and cheap gas prevailed.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In 2008 we had bad home loans, you wanted a loan you got it. It didn't take much to put us in downward spiral since a lot of people were on the edge of the cliff to begin with. They have tightened up the appraisals and loans significantly since.

Now, who the hell knows what is going to happen month to month. I am hopeful that foreclosures are not coming again, values are up, pay is generally up, mortgages will only change for insurance and taxes. But who knows. I certainly wouldn't count on ADM's going away though. There is nothing there to point to it.

We have bad home, car, personal & business loans now. Banks are over lending due to inflated prices; any given financial sector correction could and probably will turn into a domino effect that will lead to a total correction. Banks will have collateral that's worth 25%-50% less than the loan and that's bad for balance sheets.

raptor556

Reaction score
ADM's will exist until supply goes up. And that is only because there are always fools that will pay it.

Making a list of good and bad dealers to deal with isn't a new idea. Other forums have a big list going already.

The list of non ADM dealers across the country is a short one. The problem isn't finding a non ADM dealer, it's the fact you will be waiting short of forever for your order to come in.

Also, sure a dealer may help you out with something non transactional. But don't think that is because of your "relationship". It's because they are prepping you for the next transaction. Know that.

My neighbor thinks that way. he purchased 130k easy in cars from a dealer near us in the last year. so when he needs a loaner, he gets one no big deal. he likens that to his good relationship with the car manager. I'm like, no bro, he ain't your friend. he knows you have great credit and you dropped 130k+ there already, so yeah you'll get that loaner. He's just waiting on your next purchase.

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have bad home, car, personal & business loans now. Banks are over lending due to inflated prices; any given financial sector correction could and probably will turn into a domino effect that will lead to a total correction. Banks will have collateral that's worth 25%-50% less than the loan and that's bad for balance sheets.
Yes, but we all know, including the bankers, that the US gummint is not only willing, but eager, to bail them out. So there is no risk whatsoever. Except systemic risk brought on by the "too big to fail" mentality. Much better that the whole country fail than a few banks.