ADM and destroyed dealer relationships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor556

Reaction score
haha.

Wish I had a time machine to see how butt hurt some car owners are in two years when the market shifts. It's inevitable when supply returns.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
haha.

Wish I had a time machine to see how butt hurt some car owners are in two years when the market shifts. It's inevitable when supply returns.

That is the thing.

The supply all of a sudden became ghost. And we, the consumers are like, "welp, I guess thats it, its gone, so I gotta pay the higher price.."

What? Uhm excuse me earth, did you stop producing metals or is this just a ducking game?

raptor556

Reaction score
That is the thing.

The supply all of a sudden became ghost. And we, the consumers are like, "welp, I guess thats it, its gone, so I gotta pay the higher price.."

What? Uhm excuse me earth, did you stop producing metals or is this just a ducking game?
I think the supply issue was created because vehicle manufacturers need to source materials from all over. all types of materials from many places. just takes one to **** it all up.

no worries though. This too shall pass. In the mean time it's fun to laugh at car salesman.

TonyR0206

Reaction score
Yeah yeah, I know I'm not the only one. You don't want to hear me vent, then don't read my post.

I've been looking at purchasing a Raptor recently, and finally decided to put myself on the official list at a somewhat local dealer. I should be able to order sometime in 2023. That said, during my search, I have made dozens of calls inquiring about Raptors being advertised at MSRP. Not one turned out to be true, all of the dealers that I called advertising a truck at sticker had ADM of 5k-30k.

I've kept a list. I know which dealers are doing ADM, and I have personally decided to never work with one of those dealers again. Not for me, not for my family purchases, and not for any fleet purchases that I have say in.

I don't want ADM to be stopped by Ford, I couldn't care less if dealers are allowed to do it. I simply will not give those dealers charging ADM my business.

To make matters worse, a large percentage of these dealers are also charging ADM on base XL trucks too. I've seen those with 8k of ADM at times. Thats insanity. If you want to fleece customers who are purchasing a Raptor, thats one thing. But to screw over the guy trying to get a bare bones work truck...well thats an entirely different level of scum.

The only time ADM stops, is when we stop paying it. I bet you that in a year, these dealers will be begging for buyers under sticker.

I do hope that Ford figures this out before too long. They need to figure out that a direct customer order needs to be prioritized over any dealer allocations or any dealer stock orders. If I place an order for something, I should be put in line and receive my vehicle in roughly the order it was placed. Deprioritzing an order simply because I choose not to use a scummy large dealership is not how you do business. As Ford makes the shift to EVs, they will be dealing with customers who are much less likely to be brand loyal, and not willing to tolerate the garbage Ford pulls with orders like the Bronco or Raptor.
There are a few good eggs out there, but not many. I have a local Chevy dealership that I've been dealing with and have bought six vehicles from them over the past 10 years. They know me by name in the service department and most of the salespeople know us when we walk in the door. It's truly great dealing with them.

I'm getting a similar vibe from the Ford dealership I just ordered my Raptor from. They came highly recommended to me from multiple people. I ordered my Raptor with allocation, at MSRP. I dealt directly with the GM; He told me that they're in it for the long game and don't want to risk losing a potential lifetime customer over a one time ADM. We'll see if he holds true to his word once the truck is delivered. I'm quite confident that he won't ask me for a dime over MSRP at the time of delivery. If they do, I'll just walk away, keep my 2016 F-150 Platinum, (which I love, see pictured) and order a C8 Corvette at MSRP from the Chevy dealership I mentioned above. If I have to wait, I'll wait.

Attachments

• IMG_5853.jpg
    IMG_5853.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5865.jpg
    IMG_5865.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 7

raptor556

Reaction score
Actually, he reeks of common sense. You wreak havoc. And you do reek of stupid. But you can't fix stupid, so we can't send you to the vet. Sorry. I'd have chipped in for that. :)
you know that thing about opinions, and keyboard warriors.

Reaction score
If you want to have an impact it will take more than that. We should really start hosting an “abusive stealership” list and every time you get the ADM speech reply with: “ok, I will be happy to add you to the abusive stealership list on FRF, the largest Raptor internet presence so that you never sell another Raptor and it will be my privilege to expand the audience to all the F150 venues as well, so that hopefully your employer suffers a slow and agonizing bankruptcy. But good luck selling that depreciating asset at over MSRP at the cost of your customer base.

Have a day!”
reportadm.com Let's get the list going! :laughing1:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
There are a few good eggs out there, but not many. I have a local Chevy dealership that I've been dealing with and have bought six vehicles from them over the past 10 years. They know me by name in the service department and most of the salespeople know us when we walk in the door. It's truly great dealing with them.

Oh really?