ADM and destroyed dealer relationships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my long time dealer wanted 20k over even after I had bought three raptors previously from from him and other trucks. Called a smaller dealer 20 min more away from me. 40/45 min drive, msrp no problems, just took delivery of the truck two weeks ago. 37 pp also. Guess how much that move will cost him over the long term. I buy a Raptor every two years plus whatever boring vehicle my wife is driving at the time. A friend of a friend bought my 2020 gen 2 trade in two days later and they made 7k on it, they have lost me over a one time couple thousand dollars.

raptor556

Reaction score
Well my long time dealer wanted 20k over even after I had bought three raptors previously from from him and other trucks. Called a smaller dealer 20 min more away from me. 40/45 min drive, msrp no problems, just took delivery of the truck two weeks ago. 37 pp also. Guess how much that move will cost him over the long term. I buy a Raptor every two years plus whatever boring vehicle my wife is driving at the time. A friend of a friend bought my 2020 gen 2 trade in two days later and they made 7k on it, they have lost me over a one time couple thousand dollars.
Good job not falling for the ADM bs. Deals are out there, even in this market.

Gotta say though. The dealers DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. By you I mean all of us. They don't care.

Why?

Because there is a sucker born every minute for them to take advantage of.

That dealer won't feel the loss of your business one little bit. Don't think otherwise.

At the end of the day I say do what is right for yourself as a consumer, because you can bet all they
are thinking is whats best for their bottom line. Namely banging you with no lube.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, typically no buyer is pissed when they aren't getting f-u-c-ked. funny how that works right.
you wreak of dealer

I don't get upset when a dealer offers me an ADM deal. I just don't take the deal. I suppose I might get frustrated about it if I needed a vehicle right now and couldn't get a deal. However, it wasn't too hard to see that it was going to be a crappy market before it all happened, so I went ahead and made sure I was set for vehicles before it all started.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But what happens when the out of state online buyers willing to pay over dry up and they ran off local repeat customers. Same dealer wants 2/3k OVER msrp for regular f150s. I guess times have changed however.

raptor556

Reaction score
I don't get upset when a dealer offers me an ADM deal. I just don't take the deal. I suppose I might get frustrated about it if I needed a vehicle right now and couldn't get a deal. However, it wasn't too hard to see that it was going to be a crappy market before it all happened, so I went ahead and made sure I was set for vehicles before it all started.
smart. good job

raptor556

Reaction score
But what happens when the out of state online buyers willing to pay over dry up and they ran off local repeat customers. Same dealer wants 2/3k OVER msrp for regular f150s. I guess times have changed however.
nothing

Just don't get butt hurt when a dealer you may have gone to for the last 20 years wants to charge you adm now. But in two years it's back to normal pricing.

I think people saying "well i'm not going to go back to that dealer just on principle" need to get off their high horses.
Just go where the deal is. In town, out of town, whatever. It's just business, it's not personal.

The only mistake is ever thinking they were doing anything in the interest of their customers in the first place.

I think the best salesman align themselves to come across as your friend.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jesus Christ..

Stop buying vehicles that are 10 20 30 over. If you are willing to pay that, then you need not to post negatively about it.

Just like ppl who complain about gas mileage, yet still drive the vehicle. You obviously like the vehicle, so don't ducking complain, duck!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nothing

Just don't get butt hurt when a dealer you may have gone to for the last 20 years wants to charge you adm now. But in two years it's back to normal pricing.

I think people saying "well i'm not going to go back to that dealer just on principle" need to get off their high horses.
Just go where the deal is. In town, out of town, whatever. It's just business, it's not personal.

I mostly agree with this. I'm going to do what makes sense for me as first priority, which does factor in my experience with the dealer in the past, at least in terms of where I start looking. But it is not the only factor by far. I'm not turning away a 5k discount, for example, just because another dealer was the better offer last time.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jesus Christ..

Stop buying vehicles that are 10 20 30 over. If you are willing to pay that, then you need not to post negatively about it.

Just like ppl who complain about gas mileage, yet still drive the vehicle. You obviously like the vehicle, so don't ducking complain, duck!

Just to be annoying, I'm going to say that using the same logic....you shouldn't be reading this thread if it bothers you. :)