ADM and destroyed dealer relationships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

chris51080

Reaction score
Your's or the dealer's?

I don't think your wrong at all for wanting to get the best deal on the truck, but claiming that the dealer doesn't really need the money isn't really a good argument. Not saying that's what you were going for exactly. Part of the reason why capitalism works (generally) is that you only worry about what you need from the deal rather than being judgmental of what the other guy needs. Does it really matter to you if the dealer is going to buy luxuries, invest in his business, feed his kids, or give money to charity?

Not a fan of equity.

Capitalism doesn’t require you to only think of yourself. It also doesn’t require you to think of others. That’s the wonderful thing about it. Your reasons are yours.

As an example, if someone is uncomfortable with a deal, I’m unlikely to get involved in it. I chose to make deals that work for all involved. I do not like my reputation to be tarnished with thoughts of me being one sided. I do try to get the best deal that I can, but it will not be at the expense of putting someone out of business.

A dealer needs to make something, and I’ll gladly be part of a deal with them that is fair for both parties.

What you do with your money is none of my concern, as long as you aren’t using it to infringe on my rights that is.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a wrench in all this back n forth. While I am totally on board with NOT paying ADM, hence finding a dealer out of area...and a fan of capitalism, cause any other would just plain suck..

Does anyone even remember what MSRP actually stands for??? just sayin'
I mean, this whole debate could possibly end on that note alone. Just a umm, ahem, suggestion.. you know what I mean? :33:

:smiley-face-popcorn

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good point. And we are talking about the luxury market, not the work truck F150 market. Nobody needs a Raptor.

My Raptor will be my work truck. I definitely needed a Raptor due to the many gravel roads and driveways I traverse.

I also cleared/graded an acre of land that's just a slab of red clay so I will most likely go at least 5mph over it to get my tires durty. (I don't want anyone thinking I am a poser.)

raptor556

Reaction score
My Raptor will be my work truck. I definitely needed a Raptor due to the many gravel roads and driveways I traverse.

I also cleared/graded an acre of land that's just a slab of red clay so I will most likely go at least 5mph over it to get my tires durty. (I don't want anyone thinking I am a poser.)
nah, the F250 will do the vast majority of everything the raptor will do for gravel roads, better towing, better payload, etc

the raptor is a luxury

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah, the F250 will do the vast majority of everything the raptor will do for gravel roads, better towing, better payload, etc

the raptor is a luxury

You ever heard a F250 with bajahaha mode?

Most of that was sarcasm but I plan to use the Raptor in the rotation for work.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny that I joined this board a DECADE ago and people are still BUTT HURT and ranting over ADM. ;). But I've never seen anybody upset about a "discount" from manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. :wink:

Now back to the continued indignant Tilting at Windmills! :patriot:

raptor556

Reaction score
Funny that I joined this board a DECADE ago and people are still BUTT HURT and ranting over ADM. ;). But I've never seen anybody upset about a "discount" from manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. :wink:

Now back to the continued indignant Tilting at Windmills! :patriot:
Yeah, typically no buyer is pissed when they aren't getting f-u-c-ked. funny how that works right.
you wreak of dealer

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, typically no buyer is pissed when they aren't getting f-u-c-ked. funny how that works right.
you wreak of dealer
Dealer? You've been on here a month? :****:S-T-U-F-U Nubie.
If you'd read some of my posts you'd know better. You wreak of ignorant.
I understand the real world.