ADM and destroyed dealer relationships?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flwrappeder

Reaction score
a lot of valid points on both sides of this non debate. i have alot more concern about whats going on to a certain resident here in florida right now through abuse of power and a even more corrupt system. But hey, market is the market. The twitter list wont work. I sent a tweet out about a gen 3 50k over sticker and tagged Mike Levine. That got a quick ban and am still banned. this was about 8 months ago. Elon FTW? maybe.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah yeah, I know I'm not the only one. You don't want to hear me vent, then don't read my post.

I've been looking at purchasing a Raptor recently, and finally decided to put myself on the official list at a somewhat local dealer. I should be able to order sometime in 2023. That said, during my search, I have made dozens of calls inquiring about Raptors being advertised at MSRP. Not one turned out to be true, all of the dealers that I called advertising a truck at sticker had ADM of 5k-30k.

I've kept a list. I know which dealers are doing ADM, and I have personally decided to never work with one of those dealers again. Not for me, not for my family purchases, and not for any fleet purchases that I have say in.

I don't want ADM to be stopped by Ford, I couldn't care less if dealers are allowed to do it. I simply will not give those dealers charging ADM my business.

To make matters worse, a large percentage of these dealers are also charging ADM on base XL trucks too. I've seen those with 8k of ADM at times. Thats insanity. If you want to fleece customers who are purchasing a Raptor, thats one thing. But to screw over the guy trying to get a bare bones work truck...well thats an entirely different level of scum.

The only time ADM stops, is when we stop paying it. I bet you that in a year, these dealers will be begging for buyers under sticker.

I do hope that Ford figures this out before too long. They need to figure out that a direct customer order needs to be prioritized over any dealer allocations or any dealer stock orders. If I place an order for something, I should be put in line and receive my vehicle in roughly the order it was placed. Deprioritzing an order simply because I choose not to use a scummy large dealership is not how you do business. As Ford makes the shift to EVs, they will be dealing with customers who are much less likely to be brand loyal, and not willing to tolerate the garbage Ford pulls with orders like the Bronco or Raptor.
Same boat. I’m at 52k on my Gen 2 and fully planned on trading in for a Gen 3 this year. Likewise, every dealer that advertises low-mid 80’s turns out to have an ADM that pushes it well over 100k. Most that I’ve been to have the trucks preordered and on top of a minimum $15k “non negotiable” ADM they asked for a $5k non refundable deposit on a truck that they ordered months ago and have yet to receive an anticipated build date. And I’ve been on the hunt for a while and let me tell you… plenty of people are paying the ADM as I’ve revisited several dealers and they are gone. As a matter of fact, two dealers had 2022’s on their lots priced between $103k-$108k and all are gone. Really no incentive for them to stop; and to dealers the warning from Ford re markups was a fart in the wind

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... and to dealers the warning from Ford re markups was a fart in the wind
It was just Ford covering their corporate ašš, hoping to dodge some of the blame. But I never blamed them. I'd rather the money go to a stealership than to a flipper. And given how much I like stealerships, that's saying something. It looks like we have a flipper advertising here right now in a couple of different forums. Fuçk him. Hard.

Fordman21

Reaction score
I think ADMs are coming down, but not fast enough. i was just told by a sales manager he had to charge such a high ADM or it wouldn’t be right for the salespeople and their families. Honesty, the searching is exhausting. I am tapping out until things come back down to earth.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think ADMs are coming down, but not fast enough. i was just told by a sales manager he had to charge such a high ADM or it wouldn’t be right for the salespeople and their families. Honesty, the searching is exhausting. I am tapping out until things come back down to earth.
Same. To date I’ve visited 14 dealerships. My Gen 2 is at 52k miles. After an exhaustive search to trade in for a Gen 3 she got a new set of KO2’s, brakes, a full synthetic oil change, and we will wait. No rush. When it happens it happens. Not a reason in the world to trade her in for a $100k+ Gen 3. If it was idk $5k I’d still think it unnecessary but semi borderline “ah Fk it” reasonable. But $15k+…by all means let the other guy that wants to donate that have it.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a lot of valid points on both sides of this non debate. i have alot more concern about whats going on to a certain resident here in florida right now through abuse of power and a even more corrupt system. But hey, market is the market. The twitter list wont work. I sent a tweet out about a gen 3 50k over sticker and tagged Mike Levine. That got a quick ban and am still banned. this was about 8 months ago. Elon FTW? maybe.
Wait what???? Twitter banned you for describing an ADM situation? That’s BSC! What dog do they have in that race?

AC4400

Reaction score
As an FYI I created a thread on this today in this section of the forum, if anyone is in the market for a 2022 White V6 Raptor that is currently being built private message me for dealer contact info.

It’s not a 37 but it’s at MSRP and no fun and games at time of delivery. Buyer backed out and I’m trying to help my California/Large City brothers/sisters out.

Build sheet states 79K and some change on the MSRP.

I’m not a dealer just passing along some info. Was at the dealer today buying a Lincoln and the conversation came up when I was asking about my Raptor R order. Said the buyer backed out and wanted to know if I had any friends in the market. I said stand by :).

Fordman21

Reaction score
Looking for 37…. Best I have found is $12.5k on a $87k sticker. Nothing better than $100k. Most stealer ships are holding firm above $110k… this market is just crazy. It’s frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter