the bottom perch is better because...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I will bring it up. You may run into warranty issues on the middle. Many have had parts declined, tie rods, CV boots, Tranny, etc. I am still on lower perch, but will move to middle after 10-15k mile shake down.

Kumu

Reaction score
OK, I will bring it up. You may run into warranty issues on the middle. Many have had parts declined, tie rods, CV boots, Tranny, etc. I am still on lower perch, but will move to middle after 10-15k mile shake down.

Peace to All
How could there be warranty issues, if the stock suspension has three settings.
We are not changing the suspension but using the settings, like changing the station on your radio that doesn't void your warranty.
If someone has an issue with warranty for adjusting stock adjustable shocks, it's all of our duties to complain to Ford.
if anyone has a concern about issues with warranties I would suggest doing the research on your own. Read the warranty book and/or call corporate Ford and ask questions.
We need to stop worrying and find concrete information about these matters:893karatesmiley-thu:893karatesmiley-thu

panda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kumu, Ford released a TSB or statement a few months ago that says the front suspension is non-adjustable. I tried to argue your point with a dealer, and didn't get anywhere. CAbimmer is right, you could run into warranty issues but I don't think that should stop anyone from moving it up.

Kumu

Reaction score
Kumu, Ford released a TSB or statement a few months ago that says the front suspension is non-adjustable. I tried to argue your point with a dealer, and didn't get anywhere. CAbimmer is right, you could run into warranty issues but I don't think that should stop anyone from moving it up.

Thank you. I will look into that.
This requires Kung Fu:893karatesmiley-thu

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the percentages: What percent of FRFers have left their trucks at the bottom perch, have modified to the middle perch, or have modified to the top perch? Would this be worthy of a quick, one-question survey?

Set it up , I'm curious as well..if you don't, I will!

DieselD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That right there gives the dealers the right to decline repairs to the suspension components that could be affected by the shock adjustment. Not saying its right or wrong but the dealers are covering their butt with FOMOCO so they dont end up eating the repair if ford decides to decline the warranty based on a modification.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I moved mine to the mid perch and then took it in for the free alignment that is part of your warranty. You get a free one within a year or 12,000 miles. They had no idea anything was done. Most dealers are idiots and they'd have to tear it apart to check, anyway.

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm wondering about the percentages: What percent of FRFers have left their trucks at the bottom perch, have modified to the middle perch, or have modified to the top perch? Would this be worthy of a quick, one-question survey?

I am with WSI...Poll worthy thread there Ruger!!

the-dude-is-bored-thumb.gif

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Huh. I can't figure out how to set up the survey. It needs to be in Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum, but I don't know how to do it. If you guys know how, do it!