The 2017 Eco-Boost vs V8 Bench Racing / Whining thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, cause dealers know anything... ever.... :ROFLJest:

I talked to a Ford mechanic yesterday and asked what he thought about the new Raptor, his response "They actually discontinued the Raptor so there isnt a new one." I let him know there is a 2017 model and he was flabbergasted.

Unless it comes directly from Ford be skeptical of any information.

ManfromSnowyRiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually it was a Ford rep that had spent some time with the engineers. The Bikini girls for the dealerships were inside, the Ride and Drive team was FORD. Maybe HP Kings was right...

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new raptor will not have the current ecoboost and it will also have a 10 speed tranny.

Oh, yes. Lets not forget this beauty amongst all the V-8 vs Ecobullshit discussions. What the hell is a 10 speed doing in a performance off-road truck? And why is Ford putting a unproven transmission into the Raptor?

The 10 speed is almost as big of a deal killer to me as the V6.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, yes. Lets not forget this beauty amongst all the V-8 vs Ecobullshit discussions. What the hell is a 10 speed doing in a performance off-road truck? And why is Ford putting a unproven transmission into the Raptor?

The 10 speed is almost as big of a deal killer to me as the V6.

I think 10 speeds is overkill, too, and likely to be extremely annoying on the street. Hopefully in manual mode with the paddle shifters it will be ok off road, though.

Cj428

Reaction score
V6 needs the 10 speed to keep it in boost. This truck will be a light weight high revving torque boost machine, much more nimble than the out going model. also will have better fuel economy witch a lot of people want. That's why their building this one!

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
V6 needs the 10 speed to keep it in boost. This truck will be a light weight high revving torque boost machine, much more nimble than the out going model. also will have better fuel economy witch a lot of people want. That's why their building this one!

Billy-Madison-May-God-Have-Mercy-On-Your-Soul-Meme.jpg

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just purchased my wife a 2015 Grand Cherokee which has an 8-speed trans and it's awesome! Really good gas mileage and super smooth.

The only issue I see is that if ford has a ****** trans and you notice every shift.

I think 10 speeds is overkill, too, and likely to be extremely annoying on the street. Hopefully in manual mode with the paddle shifters it will be ok off road, though.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Light weight? Sure it might drop down to 3 tons with a couple of people in it but that's not exactly svelte! And there's no evidence that it will be "much more nimble"!