The 2017 Eco-Boost vs V8 Bench Racing / Whining thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It sounds like you rednecks buy trucks because the engine sounds good, not for the capabilities. I'm sure you bought the loudest exhaust and the biggest loudest train horns you could find maybe you even have some chrome balls hanging. Embarrassing being part of this group.

My exhaust is just shy of being straight pipes, I did have the loudest train horns, and this truck makes my balls so big I don't need the chrome ones. What's your point?

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Us rednecks dont want no little turbo put put vtec motor in our big haul ass trucks. I need the loud exhaust. Sorry your to sophisticated to drive a bad ass, loud neighbor ****** off TRUCK!!

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

By the way whats wrong with being a redneck?

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife is getting an Inferno TRD pro, and while the Raptor is not a trail rig, what impresses me most is how much more refined and developed the new F150 and Raptor are. The Jeep other then some cool off-road gear is way dated, and the Toyota Fourunner and Tacoma feel 10yrs behind the Ford. I cant wait until next summer!

I spoke to a rep from Ford who indicated they will be using the 3.5 Eco Beast for the Raptor with close to a 600HP figure:big_banana_Dance: Take it for what you will, he seemed knowledgeable......But if thats the case I would be happy to race the old V8 guys for pinks :ROFLJest:

If he's telling you the '17 Raptor will have 500 HP or more he has no connection to Ford.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too many new members in this thread and IMO this thread turned into shit lol. Bunch of guys who are potential owners but you should come back when you drop the coin so you have a valid statement to share with the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyhow, I avoided the first Gen raptor, well because I was broke...But once I found out the second gen would gain gas mileage it did ring true for me. The 2017 Raptor will be a daily driver for my Auction Business and log flight hours on the weekends. Gas mileage DOES matter. Sure, I could get a Prius, but damn if I can get more power and better mileage I am all in. I enjoy my 2005 Titan V8, but the eco boost will hit 125HP more. V6, who fricken cares!

Plenty of guys on here have had both a 6.2 and an eco boost and have reported that real world gas mileage isn't really much better. The new truck is going to weigh 500 pounds less but also put out substantially more power than the current eco boost motors. So I can't really see it getting great gas mileage. Better, sure. But if the difference between 14 and 16 miles per gallon is that important to you, this probably isn't a truck for you. In my opinion, if gas mileage is what kept you out of a Raptor in the past, it still will in the future.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The comparison to the current ecoboost is null and void. The new raptor will not have the current ecoboost and it will also have a 10 speed tranny. Speculation on gas mileage is fine but I wouldn't use the current ecoboost to determine that like it's just being dropped into a raptor.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The comparison to the current ecoboost is null and void. The new raptor will not have the current ecoboost and it will also have a 10 speed tranny. Speculation on gas mileage is fine but I wouldn't use the current ecoboost to determine that like it's just being dropped into a raptor.

Precisely why I pointed out the new truck will be putting out substantially more power. Hard to imagine that you could pick up 85 extra horsepower and also get better fuel mileage. Last time I checked, power was the direct result of air and fuel. So unless they've found some new laws of physics, the thing is going to guzzle gas just like the current EB when you get on it, which most people will.

Would really hate to see anybody buy one thinking it's going to get good gas mileage. It just won't. Unless you put a brick under the gas pedal or something.

I think the new truck is a homerun in many ways but I don't think gas mileage is going to be one of them.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It sounds like you rednecks buy trucks because the engine sounds good, not for the capabilities. I'm sure you bought the loudest exhaust and the biggest loudest train horns you could find maybe you even have some chrome balls hanging. Embarrassing being part of this group.
Hey BoyOne, I didn't see your post until now.
Sorry for being late in telling you this:
If we embarrass you GET THE **** OUT OF HERE!

Long live the REDNECKS!