GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vik26066

Reaction score
Anybody having issues with the steering wheel controls? I can change the volume but can't skip songs on youtube music or spotify. Went into the steering wheel control menu but can't get it to work

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody having issues with the steering wheel controls? I can change the volume but can't skip songs on youtube music or spotify. Went into the steering wheel control menu but can't get it to work
Same here. My steering wheel controls (same issue) and wireless android auto are the only issues I've been having. Both worked fine for the 1st week, then issues. AA not that big of a deal since I can still plug up, but I'm getting tired of the SWC issue.

I'm considering disconnecting and re-connecting the wire harness at some point to see if that corrects the issue, otherwise wait for a software update.

Vik26066

Reaction score
Same here. My steering wheel controls (same issue) and wireless android auto are the only issues I've been having. Both worked fine for the 1st week, then issues. AA not that big of a deal since I can still plug up, but I'm getting tired of the SWC issue.

I'm considering disconnecting and re-connecting the wire harness at some point to see if that corrects the issue, otherwise wait for a software update.
Figured out the steering wheel control issue. So basically the sync unit is connected to the phone via bluetooth and when it would skip song on my phone instead of the Autotec unit.
Only work around I found is turning off Bluetooth on my phone and then close console app running in the background.

I haven't used Android auto or Carplay with the unit so not sure about that issue.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured out the steering wheel control issue. So basically the sync unit is connected to the phone via bluetooth and when it would skip song on my phone instead of the Autotec unit.
Only work around I found is turning off Bluetooth on my phone and then close console app running in the background.

I haven't used Android auto or Carplay with the unit so not sure about that issue.
It seems all my problems are Android auto related. I finally downloaded apps to the screen itself and my Steering wheel controls work just fine. Apps also work more seamless.

I still would prefer to use AA, especially w/ the sweet new layout, but I'll be using the screen / mobile hot spot until AA connection software is fixed!

20230223_190048.jpg

rey_1178

Reaction score
It seems all my problems are Android auto related. I finally downloaded apps to the screen itself and my Steering wheel controls work just fine. Apps also work more seamless.

I still would prefer to use AA, especially w/ the sweet new layout, but I'll be using the screen / mobile hot spot until AA connection software is fixed!

View attachment 395214
What app are you using for AA?

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered from aliexpress. My 12" tablet from 2019 is showing it's age big time... Slow AF.
Dang between autotec pro and alli…so far only difference I’ve seen from autotec and alli is the supposed resolution, seems it’s the same exact unit though. let us know your thoughts. Really interested in videos showing the different operations especially with CarPlay. Home Screen with a weather app etc.

Solidred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread in the f150 forum, link below page 514. Good read, hopefully this guy roots the system

Small update.
AutoTec and I are going to have a discussion about the T-Style system and how they need to change the listing.
It is not what they say it is.
It is Android 10, not 11. API level is 29, which is Android 10.
The display resolution is 1920x1200. Better than HD, but not 2k. Still need to root so I can see if the display actually supports 2k resolution but somehow I doubt it.
It also reports that the display is 8.3" in size, so they are definitely doing some build.prop hacks on this.

I need to root this thing to see how they manipulated the build.prop file. But now I understand why it is totally hidden and unreadable without root.

Do I still like the system... yes and I plan on keeping it. I just don't like being lied to about the specs.

Once I root it, I will find all of it's secrets.
I may even do a teardown to see who made the display panel.