GEN 2 Tesla Style Android Radios - 14.5 inch Screens, Octacore, QHD and FHD and 128GB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016Limited

Reaction score
After a full week and feeling pretty adjusted to the new screen, the only issue I have is steering wheel controls are finicky.
Checking in with you again to see how you are liking it. I'm really zeroing in on this AutoTecPro unit but something is keeping me from just pulling the trigger. Still wanting to hear a little more feedback and not seeing many discussion groups on it yet. I know its pretty new.

Yesterday I was watching the Yulu E10 demo video. They don't integrate Sync on the back of the unit.
Their demo shows a picture of the truck and you can do things like drop the tail gate by tapping on the truck, you can see what door is open. You can see the tail lights on the screen when you have a blinker on and off.

Does the AutoTecPro unit have some truck features to it that allow you to monitor all the statuses of various objects on the truck? Is that done via the ODBII dongle? Do you happen to have or can you make a demo video of anything like that?

Also, does it have a Heated Steering Wheel Icon? I didn't see that in the demo video of the Harley Davidson truck they installed it in.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Checking in with you again to see how you are liking it. I'm really zeroing in on this AutoTecPro unit but something is keeping me from just pulling the trigger. Still wanting to hear a little more feedback and not seeing many discussion groups on it yet. I know its pretty new.

Yesterday I was watching the Yulu E10 demo video. They don't integrate Sync on the back of the unit.
Their demo shows a picture of the truck and you can do things like drop the tail gate by tapping on the truck, you can see what door is open. You can see the tail lights on the screen when you have a blinker on and off.

Does the AutoTecPro unit have some truck features to it that allow you to monitor all the statuses of various objects on the truck? Is that done via the ODBII dongle? Do you happen to have or can you make a demo video of anything like that?

Also, does it have a Heated Steering Wheel Icon? I didn't see that in the demo video of the Harley Davidson truck they installed it in.

You have to run a wire to the gate for that feature fyi…

2016Limited

Reaction score
You have to run a wire to the gate for that feature fyi…

Tailgate remote open is possible by electric signal native to the truck because your remote keyfob can do it with no addition of any wire run to the tailgate. It's a function already built in to the BCM of the truck.
If you want to add a manual analog switch, you run a ground wire to the first pin location on the BCM2280B plug in the passenger footwell. The tailgate switch can be obtained from the SuperDuty trucks. I've already done that in my 2016.
You can turn on the "tailgate ajar" warning on the instrument cluster by adding another ground wire to the C405 connector on the drivers side frame rail near the spare tire and turning on the feature in ForScan. I haven't done that yet. Don't feel like adding the reed switch to my tail gate opening.

I'm asking if this Screen does any truck status display. That should be data fed from the BCM to the Android.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can do everything except drop the tailgate (tho that should be easy w/ an update and a small mod).

Door ajar image pops up on the screen if you want. I may need to unplug / replug my harness because the screen shows the wrong door open sometimes.

Video incoming showing the climate menu, but its quick and easy. The heated steering wheel icon does not change color to indicate the function is on, but it works.

The OBDII device is cool, but I never use it, since I always have my phone connected to the screen (only 1 device can BT connect at a time / multiple devices can be paired). You can run widgets that read out diefferent data from the OBDII device. You can also download additional widgets for your needs.

I found a menu to assign steering wheel functions, so hopefully that fixes the steering wheel controls for me.

My wireless android auto stopped working once I finished the the screen protector install. The phone still connects to the screen, but AA doesn't take over; I have to plug up to run AA. Looking around the interwebs, I believe this is a problem w/ the latest android BT update (phone).

I love the screen and would highly recommend it if you're interested in one.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tailgate remote open is possible by electric signal native to the truck because your remote keyfob can do it with no addition of any wire run to the tailgate. It's a function already built in to the BCM of the truck.
If you want to add a manual analog switch, you run a ground wire to the first pin location on the BCM2280B plug in the passenger footwell. The tailgate switch can be obtained from the SuperDuty trucks. I've already done that in my 2016.
You can turn on the "tailgate ajar" warning on the instrument cluster by adding another ground wire to the C405 connector on the drivers side frame rail near the spare tire and turning on the feature in ForScan. I haven't done that yet. Don't feel like adding the reed switch to my tail gate opening.

I'm asking if this Screen does any truck status display. That should be data fed from the BCM to the Android.

I stand errected, er i mean… corrected.

2016Limited

Reaction score
Climate menu:

Home screen options:
Oh nice! Thank you for taking more video of the climate control. I saw the heated steering wheel icon. I saw the screen looked like right hand drive, so your drivers door open matched the reverse on screen right hand drive set up. I'm sure that is something that can be tweaked to left hand drive.
Also, thanks for showing all the widgets screens. tons of options to download for the OBDII tool. Appreciate you taking the time to video and post.

Gibsonm21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh nice! Thank you for taking more video of the climate control. I saw the heated steering wheel icon. I saw the screen looked like right hand drive, so your drivers door open matched the reverse on screen right hand drive set up. I'm sure that is something that can be tweaked to left hand drive.
Also, thanks for showing all the widgets screens. tons of options to download for the OBDII tool. Appreciate you taking the time to video and post.
I had right hand drive setting enabled. Door ajar image is good now.

2016Limited

Reaction score
Another thought on the AutoTecPro purchase. The price is listed in Canadian Dollars on the site at $1077.60 with Canadian HST tax.
When I switched to a US address, the Canadian tax goes away as it should, but the price stays at $1077.60 but now USD.
Current conversion rates today has $1077.60 equaling $806.28 US dollars. Seems like they are getting a crazy mark up to US customers.
Did anyone call AutoTec and address this price issue?