Switched air filter (oiled to dry synthetic)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With STOCK turbos, a new FMIC is a waste of money. Bigger turbos, it's practically a necessity, which is why I've installed the Mishimoto. It has made ZERO difference in the performance of my truck with the stock turbos. I currently own THREE turbocharged vehicles, with several more now sold. I FULLY understand the upgrade and tuning process. I do ALL my own work/tuning.
Mishimoto is bottom of barrel . Probable reason you did not see a difference. I would use OEM over anything mishimoto

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
All the K&N fanbois should watch this video through till the end. While K&N gauze filters flow lots of air (well, you can see right through them after all), they are literally the worst you can buy for letting contaminants through.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would like to see project farm do that test with a pre-filter on the K&N to see how much they help.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I’m not sure I follow the “LOL”. I’m genuinely interested to see what difference they make. I see a lot of people with superchargers (gen 1) out in the dirt, some run pre-filters and some do not. If I went supercharged route I would be interested to see how much filtration I would be sacrificing and I can’t seem to find ISO5011 data on a combination cotton gauze and pre-filter.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the K&N fanbois should watch this video through till the end. While K&N gauze filters flow lots of air (well, you can see right through them after all), they are literally the worst you can buy for letting contaminants through.

That’s an interesting comparison test but I’m not surprised with K&N. Surprised about the Delco.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Mishimoto is bottom of barrel . Probable reason you did not see a difference. I would use OEM over anything mishimoto

You really don't seem to know much about the subject. Mishimoto is as good or better than any IC maker. I've used ICs from several different manufacturers (even Chinese copies) and they pretty much all use the same cores, if bar & plate. The main differences are the logo cast into the end tanks.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really don't seem to know much about the subject. Mishimoto is as good or better than any IC maker. I've used ICs from several different manufacturers (even Chinese copies) and they pretty much all use the same cores, if bar & plate. The main differences are the logo cast into the end tanks.
I'm sure you use harbor freight tools too.