SuperCab or SuperCrew?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought our Screw in preparation of our baby (now 8 months old), and all the things having a family entails. I don't off road that often, and when I do its conservative at best. Therefore, I don't need the marginally better off-road prowess of the Scab.

My truck represents a sizable investment for our family and I am a firm believer in "future proof" purchases. Now that I've almost had it a year, I've learned to appreciate its ability to haul people and their stuff comfortably, for a great distance.

I truly believe the Screw has exceeded every expectation I've had. :waytogo:

fbmdkgad

Reaction score
Screw for capacity - people/family, towing and gas tank. Plus I don't think I would have go my wife's buy-in if all that was offered was the Scab because of the people capacity.

TommyBwell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a Scab if you are in a typical parking lot at the grocery store or wherever, and you want to put groceries in the back seat so the ice cream doesn't melt in the summer as fast, you have to open the drivers door, then open the suicide door, but the ****** beside you parked right on the painted line, so you can't open your door all the way, so you have to stand behind the drivers door, open it, but the stupid cart is on the other side of the door now, and you are trapped between two doors. (drivers and suicide) Kinda inconvenient.
I have a Scab but am going to sell if for fear that I could find myself in this daunting situation. I sold my 09 FX4 Screw because the wheelbase is too long and my kids are gone so I don't need the backseat space often. I love the look of the Scab and the better handling. I guess I will keep it since my wife does the grocery shopping anyway.

frostedrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the scab cause that's what they had, but I do like the look of it better, and I've managed to lie down and sleep on the back seat, not the most comfortable, but better than lying down in a car, that said if we could afford two, the second would probably be a screw just for its capabilities