SuperCab or SuperCrew?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The SCrew wasn't available ;)

But even it it had been, I'd have stuck with the SCab. The SCab's wheelbase already has us in trouble in certain situations, so adding a foot more just doesn't appeal to me. In terms of aesthetics, IMHO the Scab looks more proportional.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went w the scab cuz it's more maneuverable in tight spaces. It's already wider as it is. My last truck was a 4-door and it was too damn long. I loved the 36 gallon tank and how roomy it was, but the shorter cab just looks better and it's a bit more nimble, IMO.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My DD was a 2000 HD F-150, extended cab 6.5' bed.

While the new extended cabs are roomier in the back seat (my 00's was basically only for extreme rare occasions, or little kids), I wanted room for 4 adults comfortably. Not that I have passengers often, but my fiance's DD is a 2011 Mustang GT 5.0, so that's certainly not a people hauler lol. Getting married in the spring, and a family is in the eventual plans. I plan on having the truck along time, so the added cab space of the supercrew was a winner for me.

Also cargo space, it already sucks the bed is only 5.5'. I can't reduce my cargo space from what I have now with the extended cab and 6.5' bed. I am losing a foot of bed space, but at least I'm gaining a foot of cab space with the upgrade.

Fuel capacity. I HATE going to the gas station. I'd take twin 100 gallon tanks if they offered that option LOL. Less frequent trips to the pump, I'm all for it. The 36 gal tank is awesome.

Towing. I tow ~6,500 lbs between my race truck and trailer, so the 8,000 lb tow rating on the screw fit the bill much better than the extended cab.

Looks. I do prefer the look of the extended cab's cab portion better, but with that midget 5.5' bed it just doesn't look right. Maybe it's 12 years of having extended cab 6.5' bed harley trucks, but to lop a foot off the bed and still have the same length cab just doesn't look right to me.

Resale. I don't plan on selling it soon, but I'm not keeping it forever. Hopefully I can hold onto it 5-10 years before getting bored with it. And from what i've read for 2011 supercrews accounted for about 80% of the Raptor sales.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCrew without question. I have a family and want them to go with me. i'm 6'3" and my kids have plenty of room behind me with the seat all the way back.

Hell, I have plenty of room with the seat all the way back!

I LOVE IT!!! - Also, Only one year of the MOLTEN ORANGE SCREW!!! Very Rare!!!:waytogo:

1691-a.jpg

1690-a.jpg

JD 500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel tank

Extra space inside so no need for a bed canopy

Towing is 2000lbs more in the Screw

and way cheaper insurance with the b pillar between doors.
I was quoted $400 less per year for the crew.

And you don't have to open your door to let someone out of the back.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Scab because thats all there was. But I LOVE the look of the Scab. Not big on the Screw. I'm 21, I have no kids so a back seat isn't a huge deal. But its bigger than it looks.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Scab for looks, cheaper, and maneuverability

The SCrew wasn't available ;)

But even it it had been, I'd have stuck with the SCab. The SCab's wheelbase already has us in trouble in certain situations, so adding a foot more just doesn't appeal to me. In terms of aesthetics, IMHO the Scab looks more proportional.

I went w the scab cuz it's more maneuverable in tight spaces. It's already wider as it is. My last truck was a 4-door and it was too damn long. I loved the 36 gallon tank and how roomy it was, but the shorter cab just looks better and it's a bit more nimble, IMO.

Scab because thats all there was. But I LOVE the look of the Scab. Not big on the Screw. I'm 21, I have no kids so a back seat isn't a huge deal. But its bigger than it looks.

All of the above. My usage is dictated by the lack of desert here, and local trails consisting of tight spots where a shorter wheelbase gets you more places without dings or backing up.
That being said, the trails here are all for Jeeps and by spring, Suzuki Samurai sized vehicles - so if I want to offroad much I'm on my own.
I spoke with my dealer today and we're hooking up at the end of January to build a new one. He had a SCrew in the lot for me to get today, but I just don't like the extra length on the vehicle mostly based on manouverability (or however you spell that word).

Smokie700

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 06 F150 screw and couldn't imagine dealing with the lack of space or the inconvenience of getting out to put someone in the back. I also just think the SCrew looks better.