Sunroof Exploded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spoke to the SA.

1. No one has looked at it yet ("we're busy, sorry, will try to take pics today and send to Ford, hopefully today, they need to see it").

2. Cannot give you a loaner because we have none.
2a. Cannot give you a loaner anyway because Ford hasn't yet seen it yet to make a decision.
2b. Cannot get you a rental because Ford hasn't seen it yet to make a decision.

3. If we can't get you a loaner, we'll get you a rental from Enterprise.
3a. If we get you a rental from Enterprise, it has to be a Ford product
3b. I just talked to Enterprise 5 minutes ago and they have no Ford products.

My advice is to go down there, get your truck, and take it to a different dealer.

chris avent

Reaction score
I took my 18 into Ford for a noisy sun visor and they had to order parts. It took two months to get the parts in and they ended up replacing the entire sunroof unit and gave me a loaner to drive for four days. The new roof is smooth as butter.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I get a loaner for warranty work all the time. From Galpin and Vista Ford here in LA. They both said i am suppose to get one.
I bet it comes down to individual dealers being scum. I've always been offered a loaner for warranty work, just never take a vehicle because it's always a lesser pos than what I drove to the dealer. These certain scum dealers know how to work the system, "well if you wait 12 weeks from this Thursday our loaner will be available.".

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer gives me a loaner for regular maintenance. I have their VIP Package so it goes in every 10,000 miles. It does not say anything about loaners, but they give me one every time.

upload_2020-8-21_11-17-56.png

OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a loaner for warranty work all the time. From Galpin and Vista Ford here in LA. They both said i am suppose to get one.

The issue right now is they don't know if it's "warranty work" or not. Any other dealership is going to say the same. It's also been raining, so I'm def not driving it around with falling glass AND rain. I suspect I'll hear back today or tomorrow, worst case Monday.

There is a CPO C7 Grand Sport at the dealership next door. Maybe I can buy that for my "long term loaner" while this is getting sorted out. :D

wingrider75

Reaction score
My used 2018 is in the shop for various little crap now (still under warranty), and I didn't even have to ask for a loaner. He just said let me get you something to drive.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score

By dealer policy...not by Ford policy....Galpin is huge

Small dealers almost never give loaners.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry...you are wrong. Get over yourself.

I'm wrong, Ford is wrong, and you are right? And I should get over myself because I don't want the OP to get screwed because he believes you? You want to find out what's what, call Ford customer service. That's what I did. That's what the OP should do. There are a lot of fake experts on the internet. Some of them even get all huffy and butthurt when you call them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.