Sunroof Exploded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one that had an exploding table! It was on my deck and in my view, (no little ones yet) nothing around, BOOM! A thousand pieces. My glass buddy said it's from a tiny imperfection in the tempered glass, sun beats on it for a while, creates increased surface tension, BOOM! It took over a year before it happened. I sure as hell would not have wanted that over my head when it happened.

RBA

Reaction score
This thread is at 20 pages now, so sorry if this has been mentioned already, but other manufacturers have had the same issues. A acquaintance of mine (friend of my wife) had her sunroof explode in the same fashion you describe and she was driving a BMW if I'm not mistaken. They tried to blame her for it also. When I researched it briefly there were others complaining of the same issue and the theory was that the gap between the glass and the body was too tight. Even though there was a rubber seal in between, there was too much force/tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.