Sunroof Exploded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well now that was fun. :eek:

Getting on to a highway onramp, no one around me, hear what sounded like a shotgun blast, look up and entire front sunroof panel had shattered. Little glass shards raining down, closed the shade to stop it

Surprised it held together during the 12 mile drive to Ford. Could hear it cracking more and more as I drove.

Ford says they need to determine if it's "my fault" or not. OK whatever.

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_6187.jpeg IMG_6184.jpeg

Last edited:

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad there was no tint on it.

That would get the tools out in full force saying it was due to that.

what a bs theory.

That sucks. But when you have two gigantic pieces of glass for a roof it should be assumed that a few out there will break from stress.

wonder how involved the replacement is. feel lucky it's under warranty, I bet that shit is expensive.

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for sure need to know more of the story, was it in the up position for vent? did a stone or rock hit it?

That is very strange

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably a manufacturer defect. A nickel sulfide inclusion could cause spontaneous breakage.

Roscoe S

Reaction score
So I just tinted mine yesterday with ceramic tint....

I read somewhere on here that they had an Installer claim something with the tint and heat reflection made it easier for the sunroof to shatter. Hell if I know but I still plan on doing it to mine.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my sunroof replaced for a bad seal, the new replacement sunroof parts have a slit in the weatherstripping on the passenger side. Supposedly it is too let it not stick as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.