Sunroof Exploded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the meantime, I'm going to have to rent a car to get around. They don't have any loaners.

That's BS. If they don't have a loaner available, they can rent you a car and bill it to FMC for up to ten days. No skin off their butt whatsoever. The SA is jacking you around for no good reason other than enjoying doing it. Once I found that out and called the SA on it, I had a rental within the hour.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WHy do you need 2 sunglass holders for? Shit, I don't even use my holder, I throw mine on the dash or stick it in the sun visor loose!

I'd rather have two sunglass holders than one sunroof. I only have one sunglass holder. That I've found, anyway. And no moonroof, thank god.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well let's see what they say first because right now I don't know.

My feeling is (theoretically) if Ford won't stand behind the truck for this, what other repair or defect might they refuse to stand behind later on? Isn't that the point of the warranty? This is my first experience with a Ford product, and I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Insurance already says they will take care of it if Ford won't (I'll have to pay a deductible). But if they take 2-3 weeks to figure it out while I spend $40-$50/day on a rental car, yeah that's really gonna **** me off. And if I cannot trust Ford to cover something broken through no fault of my own on a 6 month old vehicle, I'm certainly not going to spin the wheel and subject myself to that kind of uncertainty in the future.

Outside of the roof shattering, there is no other bad news as of right now. I'll wait to see what the verdict is. They said they'll call tomorrow. I suspect this is going to take a while no matter what.

I think you need to relax. bottom line is they don't know if you broke it or not, and it is perfectly reasonable for them to take a reasonable amount of time to figure that out.
This is not as obvious as an internal engine issue or whatever else that is obviously not user induced.

Maybe you were playing with a 3 foot black ***** and accidently hit your sunroof with it.

I don't know. And guess what, neither do they.

All your blustering is far too soon and for nothing.

It's day 1 chill out.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they don't cover it, escalate through customer service at FMC. Let them know they have a(nother) bad apple dealer. What's happening is this: If they can deny your warranty claim, they get paid several times more for the repair since they can charge you out the yingyang for it whereas Ford will only pay about what it costs to fix plus a small profit. Any time you go in for warranty, you need to keep this in mind, because they may try to come in sideways to find a way to deny you. If you exhaust all of your chances, take it to an independent glass shop for the repair. Don't give money to jerkoffs, it just encourages them.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you need to relax. bottom line is they don't know if you broke it or not, and it is perfectly reasonable for them to take a reasonable amount of time to figure that out.
This is not as obvious as an internal engine issue or whatever else that is obviously not user induced.

Maybe you were playing with a 3 foot black ***** and accidently hit your sunroof with it.

I don't know. And guess what, neither do they.

All your blustering is far too soon and for nothing.

It's day 1 chill out.
Ha ha ha, that's some funny shit right there.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They will 100 percent research it, you will have to more than likely send in your mfg stamp from it if it is still readable. They will want to verify with their supplier as to what the issue is. It took me 1-1.5 months to fix it, but that was Covid at a peak and Ford suppliers/ mfg shut down. With things back up it could take less time. I found it kind weird that Ford wanted to investigate it as well. Other makers do not do this process, Ford can be tricky.

JoeTSI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I'm sorry bud. Like others have said, call the SA back and tell him to cover the rental out of their fleet since warranty covers that. Next, if it is denied tell them you want to escalate within FMC. I know this sucks but it should be resolvable.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i remember the back window on the older gens. first few werent covered under warranty, but then as more of them happened, they started covering it

Status
Not open for further replies.