Sunroof Exploded

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so update.

SA just called. Ford has now DECLINED the repair, they will not cover glass. I am responsible. I also have a rental car in my possession that I am now responsible for suddenly. The glass itself is $1400, labor I don't know.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
:Angry:
Proper shit bro!

I’ll say it again though, this exact situation happened to me and I just paid a $50 glass deductible with insurance and the dealership kept my truck for like a week and a half and it was done deal and I moved on. I really would prefer my truck never even had the sunroof as I literally never use it but I’ll forgive her for that one flaw

Last edited:

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so update.

SA just called. Ford has now DECLINED the repair, they will not cover glass. I am responsible. I also have a rental car in my possession that I am now responsible for suddenly. The glass itself is $1400, labor I don't know.

You have no clue whether or not the SA ever asked Ford or whether he's playing you. From my experience with SAs, I'd guess it's 95% that you're being played. Call Ford Customer Service and bitch like hell. That way at least Ford finds out that the dealership is ******** customers. What they don't know about, they can't do anything about. And there's a good chance they will take care of the repair. Even if Ford fixes it, make sure you give the SA all zeros on your customer satisfaction survey, because that costs him money. They're going to try to sweet talk you out of it, so be prepared.

Reactions: DFS
OP
OP
REMIX

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RN on the phone with Allstate. I tried the 800 customer service/care number and it asks a few questions then hangs up, this happened twice. My insurance agent called me back while trying for the 3rd time so filing a claim and getting my rental car handled then I'll try Ford again. I need to spend some time on work today, this is just a huge distraction. This is complete and total garbage. So many different brands of vehicles in my lifetime and this rates about 1/10 at the moment. Not to trigger anyone but I highly doubt Toyota would handle things this way, I've had several. Over the next several days I'm going to ask myself how badly I need a truck at all. This could end up being the shortest ownership experience ever.

SA said their tech looked at it and determined there was no impact, she felt it would be handled by warranty, and when they submitted it, Ford said "no".

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

I'd be escalating the decision and argue it. That is BS of the highest caliber.

I understood the moon roof and all components were warranty covered items, barring abuse, neglect or damage. Your tech found no evidence of impact.

It’s not a “wear” item.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SA said their tech looked at it and determined there was no impact, she felt it would be handled by warranty, and when they submitted it, Ford said "no".

Double check. It costs you nothing. Most SAs are on commission. She will get paid far more if she can trick you into using your insurance for the repair rather than covering it under warranty. Service departments that put SAs on commission can't be trusted. Ask me how I know. :( I'm hours from suing Ford under the lemon law, and it's mostly the fault of the service department. I also agree that Ford has lousy customer service. The worst I've ever experienced. They don't seem to hold the stealerships accountable, so it's potluck whether or not you get a decent one.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
Double check. It costs you nothing. Most SAs are on commission. She will get paid far more if she can trick you into using your insurance for the repair rather than covering it under warranty. Service departments that put SAs on commission can't be trusted. Ask me how I know. :( I'm hours from suing Ford under the lemon law, and it's mostly the fault of the service department. I also agree that Ford has lousy customer service. The worst I've ever experienced. They don't seem to hold the stealerships accountable, so it's potluck whether or not you get a decent one.

It’s so odd to me the discrepancy Between all the dealers can be so drastically different and I wonder why sometimes it’s so extreme. You’d think they’d be more in line with each other. More like the Chick-fil-A effect I call it but you can go to any one of those on earth and I’ll get the same awesome customer service. Wish more companies were like that.

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On one of my econoline vans, I had factory alloy wheels, 12k miles, wheels were peeling and corroded like crazy, I figured the dealer would tell me to FO, he looked at me and said bumper to bumper 3 years or 36k, he replaced the 2 bad ones and the other 2 because he said they “may” be defective. I think it’s all in the dealership myself, you just have to find one that will fight for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.