Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 8k miles, I noticed the clunk in the front right until around 4k miles and now it seems all but gone. I can't get it to replicate anywhere.

Hopefully this is a common solve for others too...

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at 8k miles, I noticed the clunk in the front right until around 4k miles and now it seems all but gone. I can't get it to replicate anywhere.

Hopefully this is a common solve for others too...
My 19 did the same thing. I went out and beat on it a bit and all gone ‍♂️

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
I have a 37 Package and I am hearing it (rear passenger jump seat area). Originally thought it was some stuff I threw behind seat. I removed and still heard it. Kinda driving me nuts. It sounds just like videos posted here.

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 37 Package and I am hearing it (rear passenger jump seat area). Originally thought it was some stuff I threw behind seat. I removed and still heard it. Kinda driving me nuts. It sounds just like videos posted here.
Yeah I'm still not used to it, but has to be either shocks, CA bolt, or that front transfer case driveshaft. 2022s don't have it fixed. Ford has to know about it, so leading towards its probably going to be a TSB that says "normal operation of Fox shocks"

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope so cus its a bit annoying. good thing I only have 500 miles on the new girl. ill test those waters when I go for the first oil change. along with the dang fan noise on the onboard generator

OP
OP
R

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone named Goldbeach on the clunking gen 3 suspension thread had his fox front "struts" replaced by the dealer and the clunk went away. taking mine to the dealer tomorrow, if they don't replace them I guess I'm gonna get rid of it.

AlexT

Reaction score
I work at a Ford dealer and they replaced my stabilizer links and it did nothing. The noise is coming from the shocks that are bad and they need to be replaced.Rumer is the shocks aren’t available until 2023. I heard that 37 package Raptors don’t make the clunk.
they make it - at least mine does, picked it up last week and currently has 1300 miles