Subtle Clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same!!!
Terrible clunking
10k miles and it’s diminished significantly
I was experiencing the opposite. The more miles I got, the worse it was. I felt like I could live with it at first, but by the time I got to 10k miles, it had become unbearable.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys realize that this is not a new issue, and not specific to 21+ Trucks??? Have you addressed new control arm bolts, and the proper high torque required? Have you looked at the slop of the shock in its mount? It IS one of these 2 issues and is an easy fix. I am surprised you guys can’t dig this stuff out and instead just complain endlessly about it.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys realize that this is not a new issue, and not specific to 21+ Trucks??? Have you addressed new control arm bolts, and the proper high torque required? Have you looked at the slop of the shock in its mount? It IS one of these 2 issues and is an easy fix. I am surprised you guys can’t dig this stuff out and instead just complain endlessly about it.
It is a new issue. This was my 6th Raptor. None of my previous ones had this clunk. Our tech checked all of that.
Not sure if you have a Gen 3 or not, but if not, you should try to find one that has the clunk and drive it. That way you could know what you are talking about.

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a new issue. This was my 6th Raptor. None of my previous ones had this clunk. Our tech checked all of that.
Not sure if you have a Gen 3 or not, but if not, you should try to find one that has the clunk and drive it. That way you could know what you are talking about.
You should have taken the fender flares off and tested it. My truck doesn’t have a loud clunk but looks so ridiculous with missing fender flares a clunk is the least of my issues.

TheSkinMusket

Reaction score
I can't tell if mine has gone away or I am just desensitized to it now. I'm 3,600 miles in and I don't notice it anymore. I did have the recall done and an oil change but that is it so far.

OP
OP
R

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if mine has gone away or I am just desensitized to it now. I'm 3,600 miles in and I don't notice it anymore. I did have the recall done and an oil change but that is it so far.
well did it go away after you took it in for the recall??

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same, mine has 6k miles now. I don't remember the last time I heard it or have I just tuned it out. Either way, still love the Orange Crush

2021White801a

Reaction score
Had all suspension components re-torqued by ford. Had one rear shock replaced. Clunk didn’t go away. Chassis ears put on and tech suspects front struts is where most noise coming from per feedback. About to get both front struts replaced as well as safety recall for insulators tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.

Ryan33

Reaction score
Had all suspension components re-torqued by ford. Had one rear shock replaced. Clunk didn’t go away. Chassis ears put on and tech suspects front struts is where most noise coming from per feedback. About to get both front struts replaced as well as safety recall for insulators tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the update. My dealership is apparently climbing the chain at Ford for additional answers after replacing the rear shocks did nothing and noise/ vibration continues. I have approximately 3500 miles on the truck and it seems to be getting worse (maybe more noticeable bc of the extreme cold it's been here).

Please keep us updated on what your dealer says.