So where is a prospective buyer even supposed to see one or better yet test drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is an FX4 a good comp/substitute to how the Raptor rides/drives? I'm going to a dealer on Sat for a test drive, but not sure they will let me take the Raptor out so was curious if an FX4 is comparable or not?

Not even close

firematt422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta have that faith man... I bought mine sight unseen, before any even existed back in 2010. If you love trucks, you won't be disappointed. I'd put money on that.

EDIT: sizewise, it is pretty comparable to an F150. For SCABs the wheelbase is about the same as the F150 SCAB, but actually a little shorter since the F150 has a 6.5ft bed and the Raptor's is 5.5ft. But, you can kind of get the feel. The cab layout is exactly the same, so as far as interior, a standard F150 will show you what's going on in there.

As for the ride... you have to be in a Raptor.

Last edited:

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered mine with never having driven one, and I had never seen a terrain truck in person.

I have not been disappointed in any way.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
I know, I know...but really want to drive one before making that order. Hopefully the dealer will let me drive it.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW, it's the first new vehicle I've ever had, and cost 15x the next-highest amount I had ever spent on any vehicle in the past.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they have one on the lot, I'm sure they'll let you test drive it. I stopped by my dealer to look at one back when the truck was nothing more than a dream to me. Wasn't there for more than 5 min before someone walked out and threw the keys at me. I was 21 at the time and had just pulled up in an 01 es300. lol

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
I hope so, but it really depends on the dealer....some are really nice, while others make you want to hurt someone.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Grrrr. Just called to confirm and it's sold. Back on the hunt for another one.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As others have stated, a dealership test drive is probably not realistic.

I never even sat in one before I ordered mine....and I will never sell her now!

If your a truck guy you will not be dissappointed!!!! The Raptor is the most badass factory pick-up on the planet. Nothing else is comparable or comes close....

If it will be a street queen or your more into the "Ego" factor (similar to all the H2s on the roads in the 90s)...it may not be for you. If MPG is a big concern, you may also want to reconsider...

Good luck.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
I found four others in approx 30 mile radius. I'm going to make some calls and take a drive tomorrow, I'm sure I can find one to test drive. One dealer said that if it's not sold tonight, it will be available to drive tomorrow.

I don't know if I'm a truck guy, trying to figure that out :)

I don't care about ego or appearances, I want something fun and I do plan on taking it off asphalt.