So where is a prospective buyer even supposed to see one or better yet test drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vpr80

Reaction score
My current 335xi lease is coming up later this year and (I must be nuts) I am actually considering getting a Raptor. I figured with a short commute, the low fuel economy is not really an issue, but it would be a lot of fun and plenty useful for all the other family-type uses. I've had everything from two seater sports cars to mid-size SUVs so I figured why not try something else, never had a truck. I don't mind the smaller cars, but one issue that kept coming up from time to time is the lack of storage or general space to transport something, etc. The 335xi is an absolute joke, max fits 4 shopping bags in the truck and that's it. Also with two little, but growing boys, I'm sure the extra space will come handy for all sorts of stuff from bikes to maybe atv's, etc. And if the time comes, could also tow with it to track days, etc.

So anyway, I wanted to possibly get a 2014 SCAB, but there is no way that I can order this truck without actually getting to drive it for a bit. Who knows, maybe I won't like the huge size or something??? I called the six closest dealers and they all practically laughed at me (as expected) when I asked if they had any Raptors on the lot.

So where am I supposed to see or test drive one if there are none around? (Northern NJ)

Thanks

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Someone has to have one in the area. Flag down the next one you see and tell him to let you drive. Lol

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
As funny as it sounds, that might be my only option. I've seen a few around, but never saw the owners, just parked.

fletch74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How soon does your lease run up? If you don't find any by the 22nd of June, KHC is having an open house and I am sure there will be a few there.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
Bit of a hike for me down there, but it's an idea. Thank you, I'll keep it in mind.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can probably find a rental company with a F150 to rent and that will get used to the approximate size. If you're still for the idea after that, just stop by a dealer and test drive a Raptor.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could call around to dealerships see if there are any 2013s in stock to test drive. Since there won't be much of a change from a '13 to a '14