So where is a prospective buyer even supposed to see one or better yet test drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
FYI all American ford on rt 9 in old bridge has at least one or two on the lot.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
With 2 boys, try the super crew, kids grow fast, you'll be happier in the long run.

They are still small so shouldn't be an issue for a while. Also living in NJ, I don't want too big of a truck because then it will become an issue. The SCAB seemed both big enough, yet still not huge and problematic to park and such.

+1 on the super crew. It's going to change your life though. You will ask yourself how you ever existed without a full size truck in the family. I have 8 cars and the raptor is what I drive every day.

Another reason to try and see them in person and decide between the cab and crew.

Go to your Ford dealer and test drive the FX4, it should give an idea of size and handling. Just be ware of those high pressure dealers, their the number one reason test drives suck.

At some point it was going to come down to this, but given that the Raptor has a completely different suspension/height/etc, I wanted to try it specifically.

Have you gone to cars.com. You can search all the dealers within a certain range or the whole country. Select Ford and F150 for starters then you lets you select just Raptors.

Ohhh good idea, didn't realize you can search new inventory. Let me try that now.

FYI all American ford on rt 9 in old bridge has at least one or two on the lot.

Errrr they are bit far for me for a test drive, but if I can't find one closer might be worth a ride.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'll report back after I get a chance to take a look at one and hopefully drive it.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have a carmax near you? They will let you drive a Raptor with absolutely no pressure. I drove my 1st Raptor at a carmax. You can check carmax inventory via the internet.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
Great idea, but the closest one is in the middle of CT and the other is in MD. I found a few random ones around so I'll try to take a look at those first because venturing out too far. Thanks

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My buddy Gary (MicTouch) contacted me on the forum, and asked that I meet up with him and he'd buy me a beer, so he could check mine out before buying his!

Worked out well...

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are still small so shouldn't be an issue for a while. Also living in NJ, I don't want too big of a truck because then it will become an issue. The SCAB seemed both big enough, yet still not huge and problematic to park and such.

I've never been to NJ, so you could be right. But here in So Cal. LA area. I see lots of trucks, Ford, Chev, Dodge. And I'd say 80% crewcabs, lot driven by moms too. Never heard anyone complain about size, or parking etc. Just a thought, Scab most likely have to be ordered too, very few on lots. Believe it or not I've been told by several dealers they are harder to sell.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
Towing question, says 6000lbs for SCAB and 8000lbs for SCREW. Is that right? Why such a huge difference? 6000lbs for such a big v8 truck is kind of disappointing since a v6 Tacoma is rated for 6400lbs.

Leeann

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Errrr they are bit far for me for a test drive, but if I can't find one closer might be worth a ride.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I'll report back after I get a chance to take a look at one and hopefully drive it.

They have a dealer in Hackensack as well, not sure if you tried there. Sometimes they swap between the two. I would not buy from them though. They tried to sell me a lifted F150 for 60,000... I laughed at them. Told me it had 20,000 of work into it yet when I asked questions about the truck like what kinda lift kit was on it,etc they couldn't tell me. Idiots.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A raptor is not a work truck. Sorry.

If you need a work truck then I would suggest buying something else.

Towing question, says 6000lbs for SCAB and 8000lbs for SCREW. Is that right? Why such a huge difference? 6000lbs for such a big v8 truck is kind of disappointing since a v6 Tacoma is rated for 6400lbs.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JERSEY CITY FORD, RT 440 N, Has a 2013 terrain raptor in there show room,