So where is a prospective buyer even supposed to see one or better yet test drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what ever you do, do NOT go to jersey city ford. They have the exact same terrain scab I have on order, so I figured I'd go up there to test drive it and see if I could get it for a decent price compared to invoice at Van Bortel. Test drive was awesome truck drives like a dream off road. ( truck was in a off road dirt lot for test drive) and the terrain color is bad ass in person. My salesman up there was a 20 year old kid who was more then nice and I really enjoyed talkin to him, but as for the sales managers there forget it. They would not budge off msrp. They wanted 52,510 and nothing less. It came to 56 and a couple hundred after taxes and fees. Needless to say I basically got a free test drive to see what this truck can do and I cannot wait for it to come in! Probably a bad idea i test drove it because I just want it now

LMAO, you deff got to meet (RUDY TREMENIO, general manager) guys a ********, I did get my truck from them, but I had a buddy sit with me and listen to the shit, then when it came time to deal, he opened up on them, My buddy is a car dealer for land rover, so I had some ammo to crush there bull with, probably could have done a little better, but know one had raptors on hand at the time of my purchase, saved me about 3,500.

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the good news and less than good news. The good news is that the dealership was super nice and had the car out front ready and gassed up. We took a lot of time to go over it top to bottom. Before we got on the road, everything looked great. I was really impressed with all of the options and basically everything about it. The drive was great and I was very impressed with the ride. It's a just a great truck.

Now the less than good news. After taking a pretty good drive and then playing in the parking lot for 15 min, it became pretty obvious that this truck would be a problem where I live. It's probably perfect for most of the country, but living in extremely populated northern NJ, it's simply too big for every day use. So long story short, great truck, but just a little bigger than I am ready to take on for daily use.

Thanks for all the input guys!

I doubt the truck is too big for where you live, alot of people own and drive them in new york city, and if where you live really can't support the raptor, you should move out, you'll be happier with the raptor than with where you live

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO, you deff got to meet (RUDY TREMENIO, general manager) guys a ********, I did get my truck from them, but I had a buddy sit with me and listen to the shit, then when it came time to deal, he opened up on them, My buddy is a car dealer for land rover, so I had some ammo to crush there bull with, probably could have done a little better, but know one had raptors on hand at the time of my purchase, saved me about 3,500.

hahaha yup that was him. I honestly couldn't believe they wouldn't even go down a little bit to even humor me. I even told them I was planning on putting 20k down on the truck. Absolutly absurd. And to make things more laughable they gave me the most redicilous intrest rate imaginable, nd come to find this morning after research the "bank finance company" they chose to run my credit with and get my loan for the 52k truck I had no intention of buying unless it was for invoice, was a company called aam auto group which after some research, is a finance company founded and owned by no other than the general manager of jersey city for RUDY TREMENIO!! Talk about a ******** rip off place that is just making that man filthy rich. What a friggin joke that place was. I actually had a good feeling walking in there that I may be able to work out a deal and not have to wait for my truck another couple months, boy was I wrong! Im glad I went up though to see what this thing could do. I was on cloud nine driving that thing thinking, wow I am gonna own one of these in a couple of months!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha yup that was him. I honestly couldn't believe they wouldn't even go down a little bit to even humor me. I even told them I was planning on putting 20k down on the truck. Absolutly absurd. And to make things more laughable they gave me the most redicilous intrest rate imaginable, nd come to find this morning after research the "bank finance company" they chose to run my credit with and get my loan for the 52k truck I had no intention of buying unless it was for invoice, was a company called aam auto group which after some research, is a finance company founded and owned by no other than the general manager of jersey city for RUDY TREMENIO!! Talk about a ******** rip off place that is just making that man filthy rich. What a friggin joke that place was. I actually had a good feeling walking in there that I may be able to work out a deal and not have to wait for my truck another couple months, boy was I wrong! Im glad I went up though to see what this thing could do. I was on cloud nine driving that thing thinking, wow I am gonna own one of these in a couple of months!

WOW, awesome reserch, I never knew that, OH THIS IS GOOD, next time Im around JCFord, Im going in and making a stink in fornt of customers just to cause shit lmao.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
I doubt the truck is too big for where you live, alot of people own and drive them in new york city, and if where you live really can't support the raptor, you should move out, you'll be happier with the raptor than with where you live

there might be some truth to this, but unfortunately i am stuck here for now. it's not impossible to own it around NJ/NYC, just pretty impractical. i like the do-it-all nature of the truck, but it is very big. i park on a parking deck to take the train to work and basically i would not be able to make it into or out of a spot with the raptor. the truck's length was really the biggest issue. it's easily 2 feet longer than most of the full size SUV's.

WOW, awesome reserch, I never knew that, OH THIS IS GOOD, next time Im around JCFord, Im going in and making a stink in fornt of customers just to cause shit lmao.

don't you just love the internet. at the same time, i really hate scumbags like this. whatever happened to just running a good business and making good money. why does everyone try to cheat, lie and steal as much as they can? i really feel like most people that i conduct any sort of business dealing with are trying to f-- me over and i'm sure every other customer.

Last edited:

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DO IT! Talking about the truck with these morons def made me dumber. I will bet they couldn't even tell their own ******* from a hole in the ground. I really feel bad for customers/ potential buyers that don't do their research before purchasing a vehicle, specifically those dealing with ******* dealers like this. That whole experience left me with the most sour taste in my mouth I am almost glad I have to wait for this truck getting it from a great guy in Steve Miller and dealership in Van Bortel.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
I think Ford heard my complaints. Raptor was awesome, but too big for me. This, however, might fit the bull just right!!! Shorter and smaller, but still full-size truck. Loaded on features and options. EB3.5 for much better MPG and street-use. Probably pretty fast and could be tuned for much more. And it looks cool!!! Have to think about it only being a 2-seater, but otherwise it's the perfect combo.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2014-ford-f-150-tremor-is-a-turbocharged-baby-light-597758313