So where is a prospective buyer even supposed to see one or better yet test drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is another silly question. I would like to have the bed covered, waterproof and locked. Cover seems simple enough, something like a FlipBak. Seems like the best one right?

And now the dumb question. Carrying normal stuff (boxes, strollers, costco shopping, etc) in the back of an SUV is easy and nothing really moves around since the trunk is smaller and carpeted. But what about the bed of the truck? How do you prevent stuff from sliding all around? Does it need some sort of a divider and organizer system?

for your carrying question, if you get the bed extender, you can flip it back into the bed and gives you a nice divided off area. i keep mine flipped in and thats where my groceries go. if you dont get the extender, and you get a SCrew, flip the seats up and you have enough room for probably half a coscto store to fit. for an even more trunk like feel, get a bedrug aswell, padded carpeting for the bed that hold up to just about anything you can throw at it.

yeah a BakFlip (or other brand) will do great for a cover. i have a BakFlip F1, the only thing that gets wet is up against the tailgate, but i also back down into my driveway so all the water runs to the gate.

and yeah, no test drive is needed at all. i bought mine without even seeing one in person, and its the best vehicle i have ever ridden in period! 2 road trips with it now and love it more every day!

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
I figured a FlipBak with a BedRug would be perfect. And you're right, smaller stuff can just go inside the cab.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sold my 335 & FJ before buying the raptor, zero regrets. I have gotten so much use and entertainment from this truck already in less than a year, it trumps every car purchase i've made.

"So much more room for activities!"

Cars.com, set distance to unlimited and get trigger finger ready to fly out or call a shipper. Had mine shipped from North Dakota

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
Ok found two available within an hours drive. Both dealers did not sound very willing to let me drive it on the phone said to come in and they'll see "if i'm serious" and they don't like "joyrides". As if I'm going there for *****-and-giggles or I was going to take the thing offroad for 3 days or something. We'll see....report back later in the day.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
Well the good news and less than good news. The good news is that the dealership was super nice and had the car out front ready and gassed up. We took a lot of time to go over it top to bottom. Before we got on the road, everything looked great. I was really impressed with all of the options and basically everything about it. The drive was great and I was very impressed with the ride. It's a just a great truck.

Now the less than good news. After taking a pretty good drive and then playing in the parking lot for 15 min, it became pretty obvious that this truck would be a problem where I live. It's probably perfect for most of the country, but living in extremely populated northern NJ, it's simply too big for every day use. So long story short, great truck, but just a little bigger than I am ready to take on for daily use.

Thanks for all the input guys!

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way! I live in a populated area my self, Bayonne nj, and pound this thing in NYC, hell I traded the wife's BMW 330 in for this , NO TEST DRIVE, seen it, read up on it, and bought it, you will get used to it realy quick, AND NEVER LOOK BACK, lol.
You have a truck that can take all the shit you throw at it, and do it in comfort.
(((( NOTE)))) THE WIFE GOT AS NEW CAMARO OUT OF ME 2-WEEKS AFTER I PURCHASED THE RAPTOR, HAVE TO KEEP THE BOSS HAPPY.

Last edited:

Leeann

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I live in central NJ.... Traffic and morons who can't drive. Not stopping me.

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what ever you do, do NOT go to jersey city ford. They have the exact same terrain scab I have on order, so I figured I'd go up there to test drive it and see if I could get it for a decent price compared to invoice at Van Bortel. Test drive was awesome truck drives like a dream off road. ( truck was in a off road dirt lot for test drive) and the terrain color is bad ass in person. My salesman up there was a 20 year old kid who was more then nice and I really enjoyed talkin to him, but as for the sales managers there forget it. They would not budge off msrp. They wanted 52,510 and nothing less. It came to 56 and a couple hundred after taxes and fees. Needless to say I basically got a free test drive to see what this truck can do and I cannot wait for it to come in! Probably a bad idea i test drove it because I just want it now