So where is a prospective buyer even supposed to see one or better yet test drive????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vpr80

Reaction score
Thank you so much for offer....I might head out that way to Lehigh SC one of these weekend so I might stop by. I'll send you a PM if I am heading that way. Thanks again!

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My current 335xi lease is coming up later this year and (I must be nuts) I am actually considering getting a Raptor. I figured with a short commute, the low fuel economy is not really an issue, but it would be a lot of fun and plenty useful for all the other family-type uses. I've had everything from two seater sports cars to mid-size SUVs so I figured why not try something else, never had a truck. I don't mind the smaller cars, but one issue that kept coming up from time to time is the lack of storage or general space to transport something, etc. The 335xi is an absolute joke, max fits 4 shopping bags in the truck and that's it. Also with two little, but growing boys, I'm sure the extra space will come handy for all sorts of stuff from bikes to maybe atv's, etc. And if the time comes, could also tow with it to track days, etc.

So anyway, I wanted to possibly get a 2014 SCAB, but there is no way that I can order this truck without actually getting to drive it for a bit. Who knows, maybe I won't like the huge size or something??? I called the six closest dealers and they all practically laughed at me (as expected) when I asked if they had any Raptors on the lot.

So where am I supposed to see or test drive one if there are none around? (Northern NJ)

Thanks
you dont need to drive one. i did. but i didnt need to.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
^ this is true. I don't think I've heard of anyone test driving one and not buying it.

maxemus

Reaction score
+1 on the super crew. It's going to change your life though. You will ask yourself how you ever existed without a full size truck in the family. I have 8 cars and the raptor is what I drive every day.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go to your Ford dealer and test drive the FX4, it should give an idea of size and handling. Just be ware of those high pressure dealers, their the number one reason test drives suck.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ya i say just do it i never drove one before i pulled the trigger. i did have a 2011 FX4 before and loved it so i knew i couldn't go wrong.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you gone to cars.com. You can search all the dealers within a certain range or the whole country. Select Ford and F150 for starters then you lets you select just Raptors.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
morning..........

i ordered and bought without test driving. however i did attend a raptor meet and got to ride along. that gave me an idea of the truck.

FiR1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove a 5.4L supercab and really liked it, but I knew that I needed more space and I really wanted the 6.2L engine. Ended up ordering a super crew and have not regretted the decision. A test drive is really not needed. Test out driving the Fx4 and you will have a good feel for the size of the truck as others have stated. Also if you can take the truck home a test fit it in the garage if you plan to garage it. That is the biggest concern with a Screw vs. Scab in my opinion.