Snap goes the front axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordService Crystal - I have to say I'm quite disappointed about the lack of service that I received from your customer service dept...

Hi factive,

I took a peek at your case and confirmed that you'll be receiving a call from a supervisor soon. Since our CSMs don't physically visit dealerships, they rely on technicians to be their eyes/hands when it comes to diagnosis. Keep in mind you're always welcome to get a second opinion at a different Ford Dealership. If that's something you'd be interested in, you can find some options by entering your ZIP code here: Ford Dealers | Locate a Ford Dealer Near You | Ford.com Let me know how the supervisor call goes; I'll continue to do all I can to help.

...Sorry Crystal but something needs to be done even if it needs to go above someone's head. Everyone who is paid by Ford is there because of us (the customer), without us everyone at Ford would have no job.

Hi Rick,

There are instances where our CSMs cannot assist with a customer concern; I have a limited scope in which I'm allowed to help, and I'm sure they have guidelines that they have to follow as well. I'll always try to advocate for you guys whenever/however you can, but ultimately I don't get to make the call regarding assistance. I encourage anyone with an active case to stay in regular contact with me so I can jump in to assist whenever possible.

Crystal

OP
OP
factive

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is completely unwilling to do anything at this point. So let this be a warning to anyone else who has Fox 3.0s or 37 inch tires... Not only does top perch on the stock suspension put stress on these components that causes failure, but so does the larger diameter shocks and tires.

I wish I would've known this before they repaired with ****** Ford components. I would've much rather spent my money with new RCV axles and IWE delete. Now I get to count down the days until this ****** systems blows up on me again. Awesome.

Built Ford Tough!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford is completely unwilling to do anything at this point. So let this be a warning to anyone else who has Fox 3.0s or 37 inch tires... Not only does top perch on the stock suspension put stress on these components that causes failure, but so does the larger diameter shocks and tires.

I wish I would've known this before they repaired with ****** Ford components. I would've much rather spent my money with new RCV axles and IWE delete. Now I get to count down the days until this ****** systems blows up on me again. Awesome.

Built Ford Tough!!
It has been a known issue discussed many times on here that top perch or 3.0's raise to top perch hight can cause binding on the CV axles and failure to IWEs on 2012 and newer Raptors.

I'd say you are a bit naive to think that changing the front geometry that much wouldn't cause issues.

Now some dealers have covered replacement of these parts on trucks with similar mods as you, check out the dealer thread that @The Macf created and see if one is close to you and talk with them.

Best of luck!

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

OP
OP
factive

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been a known issue discussed many times on here that top perch or 3.0's raise to top perch hight can cause binding on the CV axles and failure to IWEs on 2012 and newer Raptors.

I know of top perch but have never once heard this about 3.0s. From my understanding it does not raise to top perch height, but more of mid-perch. Apparently I missed those threads.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I know of top perch but have never once heard this about 3.0s. From my understanding it does not raise to top perch height, but more of mid-perch. Apparently I missed those threads.

It all depends on where you have your front springs set to.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3.0's have a thread collar that allow you too fine tune the adjustment to what ever hight you want.

Who did you order from? Most likely they were set equivalent to mid perch unless you specified otherwise.

If your 3.0's are equivalent to low perch there is no reason the damage shouldn't have been covered.

The IWE is practically a wear item. You can get them for about $70 from Dorman on Amazon. They are not to bad to replace either and can be done on the trail. If you go with the IWE deletes be sure you are prepared to replace the next weakest link.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

OP
OP
factive

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man this just keeps getting better & better... so when picking up my truck today I noticed the 40" lightbar from my front bumper was missing. They have no idea what happened but seems weird that someone stole that and not my cannons. The cannons are worth more and would be easier to take off.

Not only that but while driving my truck home the steering felt overly tight with a lot of pull in it. You know like it does when the 4x4 is engaged. Got home and had someone else drive the truck a few feet so I could verify the front axles are turning. So they obviously didn't fix the IWE correctly.

I love this truck but sometimes owning it is a nightmare.

D

Deleted member 12951

That sucks. I hate dealing with that type of shit, just ****** you off.
Were they not responsible for the missing light since it was on their property? Didn't you have a Baja Design 40"? :)