Broken axle!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Hey guys, I personally use Capital Ford in Carson City when needed. Corwin is getting better since they bought that dealership but still working out the kinks with employee's/technicians.

If you don't need the dealership check with the following shops and feel free to drop my name

Nates Precision (does all my work but typically booked out weeks)
Adam's High Rolling Customs ask for Adam
Acuna Total Car Care Ask for Cesar or his wife Jasmine
Fobeck 4WD Ask for Donny
Thank you!! I am going to give the dealership a chance, and see how it goes. Still trying to get a rental out of them, getting frustrated with the process.

Raptor37noadm

Reaction score
Ok. Literally just had this happen. Long story short.

Call ford and open a case. They redirected a part from manufacturing to my dealer and they had me back on road in 9 days.

All under warranty - including rental.

I am told I should call ford and ask for extended warranty but not betting on that happening. Pretty shotty it broke - mine only had 650 miles. Never off road. Still on second tank of gas.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Ok. Literally just had this happen. Long story short.

Call ford and open a case. They redirected a part from manufacturing to my dealer and they had me back on road in 9 days.

All under warranty - including rental.

I am told I should call ford and ask for extended warranty but not betting on that happening. Pretty shotty it broke - mine only had 650 miles. Never off road. Still on second tank of gas.
Thanks for the response. I am now in a rental, and I opened a case with ford yesterday. Dealership didn’t have a loaner, so went through enterprise. After about 20 calls to different enterprises, I found one that would swap the small SUV they gave me with a pickup truck. Ended up with a dodge ram. Better than a sharp stick in the eye. Hopefully ford diverts from mfg for me as well. I was also told that they would reimburse for my $1500 tow, but I have not submitted receipts yet. I have an extended warranty already, and plan on replacing this truck well before 100k miles.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Update: still waiting on the axle. Ford customer service still says no ETA, but parts should “be shipping soon”. Rep did tell me to submit my airfare and receipts for my travel due to the breakdown, will see if they pay. The tow reimbursement is supposed to go through ford roadside care, haven’t submitted for that yet. Anyone have another suggestions as to how to get an axle sooner? Maybe i should be looking into aftermarket and seeing if dealership will install?

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: still waiting on the axle. Ford customer service still says no ETA, but parts should “be shipping soon”. Rep did tell me to submit my airfare and receipts for my travel due to the breakdown, will see if they pay. The tow reimbursement is supposed to go through ford roadside care, haven’t submitted for that yet. Anyone have another suggestions as to how to get an axle sooner? Maybe i should be looking into aftermarket and seeing if dealership will install?
Bro, don’t go aftermarket unless you want to pay out of pocket for this repair and any future repairs on the axle. You have a 100k mile warranty for a reason, parts are just really hard to get still. Patience is key

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Update: still no ETA from ford on when the parts will be available. Having the dealer work through some warranty issues, speaker popping, software update, exhaust rattle, defect on driver seat, had the windshield replaced due to Rock damage, sunroof rattle, etc. Had to bring back my rental vehicle from enterprise (Ram 1500) due to a nationwide recall. Now I’m in a Ram 2500 Gasser. All I can say is that all this time in other vehicles is going to make the Raptor feel that much better. But I am losing faith in ford customer service, or the lack thereof. Seems like there are parts available to produce new vehicles, but no interest in allocating those parts to customers that have already paid for their vehicle. Going on 5 weeks since the breakdown, and no end in site. Any suggestions on someone/department I could start calling besides customer service? Wondering if squeaky wheel will get the grease?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
At 5 weeks, you need to start the buy back conversation with Ford customer service. In my experience, this tends to ... Unstick... the inability to find parts. At this point you’ve already busted the lemon law threshold.

So, I’d suggest you open up the conversation about a buy back with Ford C/S. Tell them you’ve given them a chance to repair the vehicle and they’ve proven unable to do so ( and for a known part replacement ). If a broken axle renders the vehicle unusable for weeks on end, the warranty is absolutely worthless, meaning it “significantly reduces the use or market value” to any potential consumer.

Worst case: They buy you out.
More likely: they suddenly find a part and get it to your stealership.

Don’t go full blowhard on them, just express your deep disappointment and frustration.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Meh. Tell them to pull both front cv’s and give you your truck back. Then have them call you when the new ones come in. unless you need AWD/4WD.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Update: Still no axle. Conflicting reports from customer service. Says shipped. Says cancelled. Says in transit. I started the buyback discussion, filled out all paperwork and provided all the requested info. Will see if that moves things along.