Broken axle!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Man, sorry it’s come to this over what should be a simple fix. It’s pretty shameful to leave a customer in a lurch like this.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
The only bright spot is that I’m keeping miles off the truck. Even if I got a reasonable buyback number from ford, I would rather have my ‘21 37PP over a 22 or 23, 37pp or otherwise. I like the features I have, already did ceramic, bed rug, bakflip, and amp step. I would hope that ford makes it right in the end, but I am not holding my breath.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
Update: I picked up my truck on Saturday. I had given the dealer a “list” of nitpicks to fix while sitting there. They replaced the seat cover on the driver side, and it looks terrible. Heated seats weren’t working properly, and they still don’t. Took the truck up to 75 mph and I can feel a pretty good vibration coming from the front end. I had threatened ford with a buy back as a means to speed up the repairs. I had not intended to take them up on the buy back offer, but now that the truck still isn’t fixed, and the list of things to fix is even longer, I am going to let them buy it back. The process as a whole has been a nightmare, but once the RAV team stepped in, it’s been surprisingly simple. Just had to provide some documentation and I had an offer in less than a week. I asked for a better offer, and got what I wanted. It’s a total shame that this truck is going back as a lemon, was truly a dream truck. I’ll be purchasing a 23 37pp in avalanche gray. Not excited about losing features, but I don’t really have the patience or time to see the 2021 through.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just in time for the gen4 with a new set of issues.
Maybe. Maybe not. Ford is all about EVs these days. They lost $2 billion on them last year. :oops: It wouldn't surprise me if gen 3 is the last gen and drags on for years. Or maybe it will be a very light refresh so they can use current F150 parts. Either way, I think the Raptors days are numbered.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they fixed the axle, and it drives, your buy back is done. Something don’t seem right here, always progressively worse or more stuff wrong.

OP
OP
N

NotAnF150

Reaction score
If they fixed the axle, and it drives, your buy back is done. Something don’t seem right here, always progressively worse or more stuff wrong.
The offer was made while it was in the shop. Repair completed, but the fact that it was in the shop for 10 weeks made it eligible. The only reason that more things were added to the list was because it was sitting, and I figured it was the time to address them. Hindsight I wouldn’t have had them do anything but fix the axle. Shocking how easy the buyback process is/was. Maybe California makes it easy.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The offer was made while it was in the shop. Repair completed, but the fact that it was in the shop for 10 weeks made it eligible. The only reason that more things were added to the list was because it was sitting, and I figured it was the time to address them. Hindsight I wouldn’t have had them do anything but fix the axle. Shocking how easy the buyback process is/was. Maybe California makes it easy.
Sorry the ‘21 didn’t work out for ya. Best of luck w/ your ”soon to be” ‘23!