Side-by-Side: Molten Orange & Race Red Pic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CactoesGel

Reaction score
Anybody got a 2012 Race Red yet? Please post pics.

I've always wanted a Molten Orange, too bad it's discontinued. My next top choice is Race Red.

It would be nice to see these two trucks next to each other for comparison.

:waytogo:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody got a 2012 Race Red yet? Please post pics.

I've always wanted a Molten Orange, too bad it's discontinued. My next top choice is Race Red.

It would be nice to see these two trucks next to each other for comparison.

:waytogo:

I was tossed between the two as well. I hopped on the Molten Band wagon because it's only on 1 year of the SCrew. Nothing else like it now. :)

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is unless someone actually parks a race red next to a molten orange in the same pic it will be hard to tell because the molten changes so much with the lighting conditions.

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Molten Orange looks like a red with yellow pearl.

But I too would like to see the Race Red and the Molten Orange side by side. (both in different light sources of varying intensities)

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is in bright sunlight & looks really close to this in real life. There is a molten orange running around here in town & looks nothing like the race red on my truck.

I am going to try & get a pic of our trucks together

Attachments

• Raptor2.jpg
    Raptor2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's two pics for you: That's funny, My Molten Orange looks more red than Dyno's Race Red - His could pass for Molten Orange...

1543-a.jpg

5208d1323916465-side-side-molten-orange-race-red-pic-raptor2-jpg

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lighting is everything............. but I'll try to get the colors side by side in a pic. I have seen the molten orange & it's not even close to the red.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lighting is everything............. but I'll try to get the colors side by side in a pic. I have seen the molten orange & it's not even close to the red.

I agree with you 100% however when taking a picture of it they look very close. My truck doesn't look that color in the picture at all. Again, all about lighting.

You'll be able to get them in the same light so you should see the difference in that picture.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I have only seen that raptor (molten orange) around town twice in the last 6 months, but I'll keep an eyeout.

EternalChampion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to see a white, red and blue one side by side. The red just didn't seem to show off the Raptor attributes like the others did. I do think the graphics may make a difference with that color though.