Recent CarPlay issues with Volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone i figured I would post as it took me a bit of research to find out.

I was having trouble with CarPlay (specifically Spotify) where o would not have any control over the volume. I would try to raise or lower volume. This just started recently as well so I figured something updated and broke

After some research, some others on f150 forum tracked it back to waze. If you are have omg any problems with volume on car play, remove waze for now and it will fix this issue

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here , never had waze installed, using a iPhone with the latest iOS and sync 3.4 build 20021

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Power down your phone completely and then turn it back on and you should have vol control while in CarPlay.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the power cycle fix the issue indefinitely, or do you have to power cycle every time you connect to CarPlay?

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking through Reddit and Twitter and found that Waze has acknowledged they caused the issue and are working on a fix.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They responded to my email and said they are aware of the issue, and asked me to run Waze in debug mode, reproduce it, and send them the log.

Crunchtime2k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not a waze bug exclusively , it is triggered from using apps ( certain ones ) on the phone while connected to carplay.