Rear suspension squeaking noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have Deavers. Lubing works for a bit but the squeaks come back after a few thousand miles. Im gonna bang on the truck hard in a week or so and hopefully itll scare the squeaks out...

It comes from different places at different times. Shackles, front leaf mount, leaf pads, shocks etc. Ill live with it but when I change the oil or something ill soak all those points but I think we just have to deal with it.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned mine on Sunday at the car wash, no squeaks as of now. The area was not to dirty either. Will keep a ear open that's for.sure.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Deavers. Lubing works for a bit but the squeaks come back after a few thousand miles. Im gonna bang on the truck hard in a week or so and hopefully itll scare the squeaks out...

It comes from different places at different times. Shackles, front leaf mount, leaf pads, shocks etc. Ill live with it but when I change the oil or something ill soak all those points but I think we just have to deal with it.

Exactly what you are saying. Squeaks come from multiple points....

I lube once in a while and when I offroad it seems to go a away for a bit but usually sneaks back shortly after....

Annoying but I just play my music louder when windows are down lol

cdodgela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jack of all sprays on the leaf springs worked for me. A few months, lots of rain & puddles and thousands of miles, still no squeaky squeaky.. If it comes back, I'll just hit it again. No big deal to me.

Dirk

Reaction score
I have about 13k miles on mine, not sure when it started squeaking. Most noticeable in the parking garage where it echoes around. Can't really notice it outside though. With windows up can't hear it either, so I haven't bothered getting it checked out yet.

PaseMkr

Reaction score
Anyone have anything current on the squeaky suspension issue? I picked up a 2017 Raptor May 7th and Ford has had it in for service about 30% of the time I have owned it trying to find and fix the squeak. The first time they said it was sway bar bushings in the front and replaced them. It's at the dealer now and they called to tell me they are now thinking rear leaf springs. I am losing confidence that they will solve this.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have anything current on the squeaky suspension issue? I picked up a 2017 Raptor May 7th and Ford has had it in for service about 30% of the time I have owned it trying to find and fix the squeak. The first time they said it was sway bar bushings in the front and replaced them. It's at the dealer now and they called to tell me they are now thinking rear leaf springs. I am losing confidence that they will solve this.

I posted this on another thread a few weeks back but it has been working silent since.

Mine squeaks and creaks too, especially after a rough day. Every few months I hit all rubber pivot points with WD-40 Silicone. Then lll jack up the rear, tap in a pry bar to expose each leaf pad and put a blob of grease on each leaf spring friction pad. A big syringe filled with marine grease makes it easy. Once you get it down it takes about 15 mins. This has seemed to eliminate 90% of the issue and totally eliminated my random leaf spring clunk on low speed turns.

I think I used StaLube Marine Grease by CRC.

PaseMkr

Reaction score
I posted this on another thread a few weeks back but it has been working silent since.

Mine squeaks and creaks too, especially after a rough day. Every few months I hit all rubber pivot points with WD-40 Silicone. Then lll jack up the rear, tap in a pry bar to expose each leaf pad and put a blob of grease on each leaf spring friction pad. A big syringe filled with marine grease makes it easy. Once you get it down it takes about 15 mins. This has seemed to eliminate 90% of the issue and totally eliminated my random leaf spring clunk on low speed turns.

I think I used StaLube Marine Grease by CRC.

Thanks Robtor! But, on a $70K truck, I think it's ridiculous that you have to jump through those hoops. My 2012 Raptor which I had for 112,000 miles had zero squeaks from the suspension. Ford should be able to locate and fix this IMO.

HibsMax

Reaction score
Jumping on this bandwagon a couple of years late. :) I was about to start a new thread but found this one.

I've had my 2018 Raptor since new. Rather than regurgitating everything, I have been through the same stages as most of the rest of you e.g., power washing springs, replacing the springs. All the fixes work, for a short while, but nothing has been permanent. I am taking it back again and I will be pointing the dealership to this thread, specifically post #32. It's annoying that this issue persists years after it was first reported.