Rear suspension squeaking noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken my truck in twice now to get the rear of my truck from not squeaking anymore...well its not getting fixed. They replaced the pads between the leaf springs and it was good for 20 miles and now its squeaking again. I ran into two other guys locally that have 17 raptors and there rear suspension leaks also. Curious if others are having this issue also.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any squeaks on mine, and I have just over 6600 miles. I watched your video and holy crap yours is squeaky! It seems crazy that they haven't been able to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've seen a 5k mile YouTube review regarding the squeak, among other things, like bump stop and break line rubbing at driver's rear.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd try shooting some amsoil HDMP all over your leafs. This will help prevent rust and potentially help with the squeaks, as well. Jack the rear and let the axle hang to unload the leafs to get as much between them as you can.

Also, at the end of the day, remember that it's a pickup truck riding on leaf springs.

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try shooting some amsoil HDMP all over your leafs. This will help prevent rust and potentially help with the squeaks, as well. Jack the rear and let the axle hang to unload the leafs to get as much between them as you can.

Also, at the end of the day, remember that it's a pickup truck riding on leaf springs.

I have probably owned 50 pickup trucks most of them I put over 100k miles on them and this is the first one that squeaks. Im not sure if its the rear leaf springs, or the shocks, or the hangers.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have taken my truck in twice now to get the rear of my truck from not squeaking anymore...well its not getting fixed. They replaced the pads between the leaf springs and it was good for 20 miles and now its squeaking again. I ran into two other guys locally that have 17 raptors and there rear suspension leaks also. Curious if others are having this issue also.
maybe its where leaf connect to shackles ? maybe grease or wd40 that area and see if it stops temporarily. or start isolating exactly which junction is causing it..
you jumped yours or went to the oem bumpstops crunch so it really could be almost anything back there

Last edited:

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This should not happen. Ford tested these trucks to perform. They need to hear about this. I bleed ford blue. I want a better product from ford. I know they look at forums, they made changes to the focus rs because of forum members. I love my raptor, but we need to let ford know of any issues . I want a better ford. Quality is job one needs to come back to ford. Ford wants to keep costs down im sure. They need to focus on the consumer, and that may take us the vehicle owners going to the dealer for any issues. I would like ford to become a higher quality vehicle manufacturer . They have come a ways, but still need some work.

Last edited: