Rear suspension squeaking noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryprix

Reaction score
(I work at a ford dealership) I've had the issue for about 2,000 miles and we replaced the leaf springs and it still happened. we lubed em up and it was a quick fix. I think we determined that its the bushings in the shocks that are doing it. not the leaf springs. I've had it out off roading in Michigan trails about 15% of the miles that i have on it, 11,000. i'll update when we mess with the shocks because it happens a little bit in the front too.

Pic18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(I work at a ford dealership) I've had the issue for about 2,000 miles and we replaced the leaf springs and it still happened. we lubed em up and it was a quick fix. I think we determined that its the bushings in the shocks that are doing it. not the leaf springs. I've had it out off roading in Michigan trails about 15% of the miles that i have on it, 11,000. i'll update when we mess with the shocks because it happens a little bit in the front too.

Any updates? I had my leaf springs replaced last year and the squeak has returned after hitting some truck trails recently. If it is the shocks what is the solution? They pressure washed my leafs and it has been ok for that last week but I am confident it will come back.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this will help, but squeaking Foxx shocks are very common on Polaris RZR off-road vehicles and the culprit is the shock mounting bolts. Loosening the bolts and applying a lot of grease fixes the issue with RZRs.

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this will help, but squeaking Foxx shocks are very common on Polaris RZR off-road vehicles and the culprit is the shock mounting bolts. Loosening the bolts and applying a lot of grease fixes the issue with RZRs.

Yep, when I put my Deavers in I greased all the bushings and the shocks with Amsoil Synth, the stock leafs were pretty dry.

Rolling ninja stealth. The only thing I hear is the bump kit hitting:biggrin:

diluted

Reaction score
My 17 sounds like a rust bucket with how bad it squeaks. Dealer told me it was normal and to deal with it. I sent ford a tweet with video and they opened a new case and escalated it to service manager saying it's not normal.

Will send updates on how this plays out.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ mine just started squeaking recently..... ******* annoying to say the least when you're rolling up in your 70K+ dollar truck and it sounds like a squeaky ass dog toy.

I thought it was my new Deavers but I inspected and they are lubed at all ends and links. I am thinking it is the fox shocks as well at this point....

evan9r

Reaction score
My 17 used to squeak terrible from the left rear tire area. Took it in for service and they said it was normal/nothing they could do. I bought some WD40 premium lubricant from Walmart(it may have been waterproof Im not sure) and sprayed all the joints, pivots, and leaf spring contact points. The squeak was still there so I gave up. A few weeks later I noticed it was gone.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My squeak has come back. It showed up last summer, I just sprayed lube everywhere and it worked. No issues during winter. Summer time its back. Not to happy. Have sprayed a little yesterday, will clean the truck and spray more tomorrow. So far this year its only on the drivers side. This should not be happening period. Come on ford. We need a answer. ****** me off.