Rear suspension squeaking noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have taken my truck in twice now to get the rear of my truck from not squeaking anymore...well its not getting fixed. They replaced the pads between the leaf springs and it was good for 20 miles and now its squeaking again. I ran into two other guys locally that have 17 raptors and there rear suspension leaks also. Curious if others are having this issue also.
Many people have had similar issues with Fox shocks on Polaris RZR's and fixed the squeaking by slightly loosening the bolts that hold the shocks in place. Not sure that it is a great suggestion here, but it removes the squeaking on RZR's with zero issues.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer...the more warranty issues ford has on a particular problem they will address it and fix it...thats why I dont fix things on my $70k truck..Ford can.
Take a read at this thread for a reality check.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=45129

If ford won't properly address a safety issue while driving, I doubt they are gonna care about some squeeky leaf springs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford Dealer and Customer service have reached out to me and said they have heard about the squeaking rear suspension and aware of this issue, as of now they dont know how to fix it. LOL, good job Ford.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford Dealer and Customer service have reached out to me and said they have heard about the squeaking rear suspension and aware of this issue, as of now they dont know how to fix it. LOL, good job Ford.

That sucks. If they cant locate a squeak and a fix, that's really sad. I saw your video, I'd be pissed.

Engineers are figuring how to throw a code for squeaks as I type. Ugh...maybe there is a weephole for that?

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My deavers squeaked after they were on the truck for a month or so. Haven't heard a peep out of them since I lubed 'em up with Amsoil HDMP.

where specifically did you lube them up at? I have brand new spacers between all the springs and Im still getting a noise. Im wondering if its my shocks, or some connecting point.

NO LIMIT

Reaction score
My rear suspension was squeaky took to Ford turns out the 3 little bolts holding my pass side shock cover in place where gone and the plastic cover was squeaking as it was wearing into my shock...scored the barrel and rubbed the inside bolt ear quite a bit...not much lock tight on those bolts we found out when they took one off the driver side to go get 3 more bolts for temp fix till a new shock comes in...they are replacing shock due to the cosmetic scoring on the shock barrel...no more squeak now

vr4henry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear suspension was squeaky took to Ford turns out the 3 little bolts holding my pass side shock cover in place where gone and the plastic cover was squeaking as it was wearing into my shock...scored the barrel and rubbed the inside bolt ear quite a bit...not much lock tight on those bolts we found out when they took one off the driver side to go get 3 more bolts for temp fix till a new shock comes in...they are replacing shock due to the cosmetic scoring on the shock barrel...no more squeak now

Interesting, I've heard squeak before too... I'll take a peak. I'm also about to put deavers in, so will be interesting if squeak remains!

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My deavers squeaked after they were on the truck for a month or so. Haven't heard a peep out of them since I lubed 'em up with Amsoil HDMP.
i've had my deavers +3 for 2 months now. no squeaky squeaky

edited. i have deavers and i am squeaky squeaky now. its not the leafs. lube your bush and it goes away for a few k miles

Last edited:

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, if you have a squeek check your leaf spring retainers. On my drivers side pack, the bigger one just behind the rear axle isn't centered and rubs on the side of the leafs, even though it has a plastic wear piece. If you run a flatbar or something wide and flat in you can bend it away so it's not touching.

I asked the dealer to look at mine yesterday during the service and repair it, they just sprayed penetrant on everything and it came back in 10 miles. This fixed it for good.