Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics
  1. Eyespyautomotive

Eyespyautomotive Member

Anyone know if the rear shock mounts are the same on a standard F150 as the Raptor?
    I'm finding conflicting info on the web.

Was considering running something else in the rear while I rebuild the rear shocks. I'd like to take my time.

My GJ Motorsports rebuilds are leaking after 7500 miles of pavement driving and they won't stand behind them.

Was actually thinking of running some Rancho RS9000 in the rear in the meantime. Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. Eyespyautomotive

Eyespyautomotive Member

I answered it my self. I looked at all the frames and axles in CAD, no differences between Standard F150 and raptor as far as all the rear mounts go on the frame or axles.

3. Eyespyautomotive

Eyespyautomotive Member

So I pulled my OEM rears and sent them to Fox for a rebuild. I threw a pair of Rancho RS9000 9 position shocks on the rear in the meantime. I'll give them to my son when I'm done with them. I set them on 5 and I got to say. It feels pretty good, and the newfound quietness from the rear is so welcome.

4. Canuck714

Canuck714 Full Access Member

They will work on the street as long as you dont cycle the suspension..lol
    If you do, the shocks will be the limiting factor in the Raptors spring travel.

5. Eyespyautomotive

Eyespyautomotive Member

I bought the ones for 1" to 4" lift , they are longer than stock Fox 2.5's by like 1.5", so they won't limit the travel at all, actually allow a little more. I don't off-road much so it won't matter anyway.

6. allinon72

allinon72 Full Access Member

For what it's worth, the RS9000 is a quality shock. It's no Fox, but on a regular truck or temporary basis, I'm not surprised that it has smoothed things out.