GEN 1 RCV Axles on a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so basically what you're saying by saying IWE eliminator will overheat your CV, meaning that when you use 4x4, you will overheat your CV joints..... I highly doubt ford would design their trucks like this....

unless they come with a lack of grease from factory, or ford uses terrible grease, or some weird metals for the balls and bearing cage/hub, or have terrible tolerances between the two, I don't see how they will overheat with mid perch. It's rubber, and metal. all CV joints act the same way. the slight angle from mid perch wont do a damn thing. My borthers Ram has smaller CV's, at as much or slightly more angle than a raptor on mid perch, and its a live axle setup. Never any issues with overheating.

Fear mongering at it's finest. People have been running these eliminators for tens of thousands of miles on mid perch. If live axles weren't used by anyone else and IWE's were the standard way to do IFS 4x4 systems, then sure I could understand the hesitation on doing this. But literally every other 4x4 IFS truck out there these days uses a live axle setup. people level them, lift them, etc and the only time they have issues is when they go beyond the limits. mid perch raptor is nowhere near the limit.

Hell Netix ran IWE eliminators on his truck and he blew his front ring and pinion before he blew his axles. and he was higher than top perch by the time he was done with things. He ended up running RCV axles after a while too and hasnt had any issues with those either. If anyone's a test mule for durability it's him. With 40" tires and abusing the shit out of his truck all the time.

There is absolutely NO LOAD on the axles when you're in 2wd and have a live axle setup. HP/Torque has no effect on things. the axles are free spinning. It's not locked into 4x4. It's just the axles locked to the hubs. They spin freely. nothing dragging them, nothing putting a load on them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fair argument. Not being an engineer.....

Wait, that's my title as someone who makes a decent six figures a year....
@RPG, you aren't impressing me right now with your lack of response (I'll call you back by the end of the day).

Hello?

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The underlining objective of RPG is to see where the week points of the trucks are and make them better. Test products before shipping them to customers.

Mav. Think of this. What benefit do I have by not selling you something? If you want a set of IWE eliminators, by all means, I will be happy to sell you set. But it's my recommendation that you don't buy them. Call me a VERY bad salesman. But honesty is more important to me.

Dane. Sorry for the wait. We are working on the new RCV axle kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The underlining objective of RPG is to see where the week points of the trucks are and make them better. Test products before shipping them to customers.

Mav. Think of this. What benefit do I have by not selling you something? If you want a set of IWE eliminators, by all means, I will be happy to sell you set. But it's my recommendation that you don't buy them. Call me a VERY bad salesman. But honesty is more important to me.

Dane. Sorry for the wait. We are working on the new RCV axle kits.

What are these kits comprised of?

SILVER

Reaction score
@RPG So you're saying not to buy the IWE eliminators even if you are going to buy the RCV axles? If that's what you're saying then what am I supposed to do? keep blowing IWEs which in turn causes the end to twist off my axle? I need to be able to reliably use my truck. Is that just not possible or what do you recommend?

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RPG So you're saying not to buy the IWE eliminators even if you are going to buy the RCV axles? If that's what you're saying then what am I supposed to do? keep blowing IWEs which in turn causes the end to twist off my axle? I need to be able to reliably use my truck. Is that just not possible or what do you recommend?

buy them. they work fine. several members on this forum have used them extensively with no issues. not going to dig up all the threads again but there are a few regarding these kits, with a few members reporting no issues after 20k miles, 30k miles etc with stock axles. Netix is still running them to this day with 40" tires higher than top perch, and RCV xles. He was one of the first few to get them as he was testing them for RCV. along with the axles.

RPG seems uninformed about them, and haven't tested them for themselves, so they are hesitant to sell them, 100% understandable from a business perspective of things.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RPG is not uninformed. They actually unlike you know what they are talking about. And since you keep wanting to talk about running 40's with them guess what. Those RCV axles have multiple rebuilds already..

RCV and RPG are working on updated RCV axles for a reason cause there were some issues.

SILVER

Reaction score
I honestly would rather replace my axles and wheel bearings once every two years and know that my 4X4 will work when I need it than keep getting stuck with the IWE. The problem with the IWE is you can replace it every 10k miles and it will still break when you need it most and leave you stranded. I think I have read all the threads on this and it seems there is no real solution besides IWE eliminator kit. So that's why I'm asking what is the alternative? Because In my opinion the IWE is not even an option.

raulsterXDozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have RCV IWE deletes and love them. Ran hard with 4x4 activated at Jump Champs track and stayed reliable. I still treat the system like it's fragile (activating 4x4 at a complete stop etc..)

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just some insight on my IWE experience.....mine would pop under load and ultimately went out. After replacing them, I'm very deliberate on how I engage them. I wait 30 secs or so after engaging 4wd to ensure they are fully engaged and have yet to have any issues with the new ones. I've ran it hard through whoops and jumped it multiple times and no hint of a problem. The vacuum lines need to be cared for as they are prone to leaking. Also, extending the vent line up into the engine compartment will help keep contaminants from plugging up the line. This may not be the ultimate fix, but so far it has been flawless for me.