Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomasfoxworthy

Reaction score
our stable at home is the gen3 + my girl's 2010 rav4 at the moment. the raptor gets driven all the time, unless we are trying to park somewhere in the city.

i sold my bikes as i had too many close encounters with death from stoned texting drivers, but have the itch again....

wish we had more garage space and i'd add a 718 or 911, but that'll have to wait a bit

the truck is a true engineering marvel and i still get amazed by it's handling in corners and acceleration (for what it is). it is one of the most fun and enjoyable vehicles i have ever driven and i hope to keep it forever

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got out of cars and went all into 4x4s after a bad accident (not my fault) thanks to a crazy driver. For a while SUVs and 4x4s with big power were fun, but if you're a car guy you will miss the Mustang.

I'd say truck + sports car beats newer sportier truck. Just save and replace the F150 with a CPO Gen 3 when they come down into the 50s.

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's twin turbo CT6 is our "sports car" right now. She loves it and we also share a Jeep Grand Cherokee to keep some miles off of the Caddy and my Raptor. They don't make SCABs or CT6s anymore, so we plan on keeping both of them for at least four more years.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wife drives a 2019 MDX- will either get her a new one or an X5 when time comes- she’s due for a new car next.

My DD is a 2020 Raptor- to answer your original question it generally has done the best job @ scratching all the itches, aside from having a manual trans- I get that itch scratched by my ‘03 C5Z toy/show car that’s all built up

Now I’m thinking I may just keep the Raptor & upgrade the suspension a bit & eventually get a Civc R or Integra w/ a manual trans & 4 doors & good mpg/cheap maintenance so I can be driving a manual trans more than anything else. Raptor is paid off so are the other vehicles. Having 4 cars would sound crazy….but why not lol

Personally I think my perfect vehicle would be an Audi RS6 Avant or a CTS-V wagon w/ stick shift when they were produced. But the largest most powerful most reliable AWD car w/ a manual trans would be my pick lol

OP
OP
H

Hagdio72

Reaction score
Update. I sold the Mustang yesterday for what I thought was a fair price. Will get a decent equity check from the sale too. Hopefully ford unveils the 2024 trucks soon so I can make a decision on a Raptor!

Last edited:

castine917

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha the comment about SHTF resonates with me. The same thing crosses my mind. Mustang would be completely useless in that scenario, whereas I'd feel almost invincible in a Raptor.

Thanks for your perspective. I also like the idea of only paying for gas, modding, and paying property tax on one vehicle instead of two.
I hope someone already said this. You may only be paying on one vehicle but each of those costs is increased on that one vehicle if it is a Raptor.

Reaction score
I have a Raptor R on order but when I had my previous Raptors I loved driving them every day but there were certainly times I needed to jump back into a sports car thus my reason for having both and then some.

Mthon7

Reaction score
Traded 19 Platinum for 23 Raptor and have Miata ND2 manual for fun car 6 months out of the year. It is so much more fun than previous M3….not faster but funner

bren5279

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use to have a Lotus Exige V6 and a tacoma. Sold it to go to a Raptor.

Eventually you get to the point where the sports car starts to wear off. The raptors still plenty quick and fun, but quite a bit more practical at checking off other boxes. I do however wish I had enough extra cash for a semi sporty DD like say a BRZ or so.