Daily Driver + Sports Car --> Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a M3/F150 setup until some major health issues had me sell the M3 (no more track days). Then I grabbed a 2019 Raptor (FPB and Goosetuned). Yes it was a great jump from the F150 Lariat(modified) and yes the Raptor is a fun truck but I miss the M3 very much. The wife has a RR Supersport supercharged so I do get the sporty feel of a car but it never scratches that itch.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had much desire for sports cars on the (public) road once I was out of my mid twenties. I road raced sports bikes competitively for years and that kind of ruins you for "go-fast on the street" endeavors.

My Raptor checks all the boxes for me. YMMV

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread hits me hard actually. I am strongly debating the value of trading my 22 Raptor 37PP + GT350 = Raptor R.

I work from home, so I drive very little during the year anymore, so both cars spend a lot of time sitting. So I would go down to 1 car, and may as well make it a 700hp truck. However, I fear deep down I will miss the shelby, but on the other hand, I get sick and tired of it sitting and getting less than 1000 miles of driving a year.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This thread hits me hard actually. I am strongly debating the value of trading my 22 Raptor 37PP + GT350 = Raptor R.

I work from home, so I drive very little during the year anymore, so both cars spend a lot of time sitting. So I would go down to 1 car, and may as well make it a 700hp truck. However, I fear deep down I will miss the shelby, but on the other hand, I get sick and tired of it sitting and getting less than 1000 miles of driving a year.
We are the same, do not do it. I had a 23 35 and gt350. Debated trading both for an R but couldn’t bring myself to get rid of the 350. Had a yolo moment and traded my 23 Raptor for an R, which is awesome, but I’m glad I didn’t get rid of the 350.

The R is pretty awesome, but the 350 is a really special car. The only thing I think you could replace it with and be happy would be a gt3 to be honest.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are the same, do not do it. I had a 23 35 and gt350. Debated trading both for an R but couldn’t bring myself to get rid of the 350. Had a yolo moment and traded my 23 Raptor for an R, which is awesome, but I’m glad I didn’t get rid of the 350.

The R is pretty awesome, but the 350 is a really special car. The only thing I think you could replace it with and be happy would be a gt3 to be honest.
Thank you for the input. The problem, at least for me, is that the 350 just sits...and sits...and sits. I barely have reasons to take it places. So its insurance and other costs just to sit under a car cover. And even if I can take it places, many places don't accommodate a low sitting front end, so I have to be even MORE selective when taking it somewhere. In my mind, its hard to yolo, when it sits collecting dust. Think I had the chance to wash it once last year.

I think I was able to put 4,000 miles on the Raptor last year. So my thoughts have been to get the R, as i miss the V8 and the V6 simply isn't doing it for me (I really...really regret trading my Gen 1 Raptor), consolidate down for a couple of years, and then re-evaluate. Heck, at this current driving pace, by the time the R is paid off, it will have like 30k miles, and then I can add a second car back later lol.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. The problem, at least for me, is that the 350 just sits...and sits...and sits. I barely have reasons to take it places. So its insurance and other costs just to sit under a car cover. And even if I can take it places, many places don't accommodate a low sitting front end, so I have to be even MORE selective when taking it somewhere. In my mind, its hard to yolo, when it sits collecting dust. Think I had the chance to wash it once last year.

I think I was able to put 4,000 miles on the Raptor last year. So my thoughts have been to get the R, as i miss the V8 and the V6 simply isn't doing it for me (I really...really regret trading my Gen 1 Raptor), consolidate down for a couple of years, and then re-evaluate. Heck, at this current driving pace, by the time the R is paid off, it will have like 30k miles, and then I can add a second car back later lol.
I get it, my 350 sits way more than I’d like. You gotta do what’s best for you and you really can’t go wrong with the R either. I just know I’d really miss having a manual trans car. I’m not too far off though, I usually put around 5-6k/year on the truck and under 1k on the 350.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get it, my 350 sits way more than I’d like. You gotta do what’s best for you and you really can’t go wrong with the R either. I just know I’d really miss having a manual trans car. I’m not too far off though, I usually put around 5-6k/year on the truck and under 1k on the 350.
I certainly get you there. I was ready to move on from a stick either way though, I already put myself on the list for the next gen GT500 if I didn't get a R first. So the stick was out the door one way or another.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I certainly get you there. I was ready to move on from a stick either way though, I already put myself on the list for the next gen GT500 if I didn't get a R first. So the stick was out the door one way or another.
I figured I’d rather have the auto in the truck so the R would kinda scratch the gt500 itch if I kept the 350 too. I don’t see myself changing up this setup for many years to come.